Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

your best Sportsman modification

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 06:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default your best Sportsman modification

yes the setup instuctions are in the box. If you can get the cover off without removing the step go for it . I just removed the 4 bolts in the floor and pulled it out away far enough to get the cover off. It just is easier too. Yes the instructions are easy and if you have already read the info online you will have no problems. If needed you can call and someone is always able to help at Heelclicker. Dan is a great guy and helped me ALOT.
hope all goes good
let me know

Rickster

Old 05-29-2003 | 05:01 AM
Trailblazer

So far my fav mod Ive done is my winch and aluminum bumpers. Im in the process right now of adding rearview mirrors, fog lights and a horn. Im also gonna look and see if it would be possible to install a radio in there and mount it like to the side or somethin. I think that would be pretty cool and I havent seen anyone try that yet. Then you would really get the full feel of the mountains, playin some Willie Nelson and ridin with nature hehehe

Old 05-29-2003 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sixxx, I don't know how to make a link, but if you go to climbatv.com somebody on the forum will know. I know I've seen stuff about waterproof stereos on there. And most of them good old boys are in the south, so they may be able to help you with Willie Nelson stuff too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2003 | 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

Actually I prefer heavy metal and stuff but ya know that tends to scare nature away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Dont think the rabbits would be around with Pantera blastin

Old 05-29-2003 | 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

maybe want to try some John Denver, then.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2003 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Might want to check out a marine stereo. Made to get wet along with the speakers and can handle the bouncing of a boat. Can play any kind of music in it, Don't think a cd would fare too well though.

Old 05-31-2003 | 03:14 AM
Range Rover

Are there H/C kits avaiable for a 04 400Sp With EBS?? This thing has little bottom end, I should have not taken the FREE Upgrade and left the stock clutches in there...There was quite a bit of difference without the EBS....But when given a $400.00+ free upgrade I just got to greedy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2003 | 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

rickster ,looking at the heeclicker instructions ,I guess to install the replacement spider locking nut I'm going to have to pull the clutch off??? and with the reccommended set up with just weight onthe shoulder do you lose top speed???

Old 05-31-2003 | 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

yes same kit as the 500H.O.

Old 05-31-2003 | 10:42 PM
Range Rover

Going to have a prob with the 04 Sportsmans, with the overide switch disconnect, as NOW..Polaris has made this switch part of the slection of hours / miles / and trip into the speedo...any suggestions.....??

Quick Reply: your best Sportsman modification