1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Asking for engine schmatics or some pointers for cfmoto 450s

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Asking for engine schmatics or some pointers for cfmoto 450s

Hey guys! So recently I bought a used CFMoto 450s, the original owner was a rental company (and everybody knows how people treat rentals but suprisingly it was mint condition AND it had a full service done like oli and diff fluid change, air and oil filter replacemnt and brakes done) and it ran perfectly until yesterday when the oil light started blinking. I got home, let the quad cool down a bit and cheked the engine oil level and it was perfectly fine and that means it's either one of these things:
-a gunked up oil filter which I'll be cheking next week when i have free time
-an oil pump failiure which is why I need some engine schematics or atleast a few pointers to where the oil pump is on the engine

And i reckon there is probably more reasons that could cause my oil light to blink which i don't know about and if you guys have any idea I would really aprecieate it if you told me.

Old 06-16-2024, 03:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 313 Likes on 307 Posts

Very few quads have oil pressure warning lamps. Most air cooled ones have oil temperature warning lights. Are you sure it is a pressure warning, rather than that you have got it a bit hot?

Old 06-16-2024, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I doubt that it's a temperature warning because i only drive it for about a minute or so and it starts blinking,

Old 06-16-2024, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I checked the drivers manual and it says the warning light that I'm getting is an oil pressure warning light

Old 06-17-2024, 03:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't know the model at all, but if it has a paper element oil filter, check it is inserted correctly. Engines with ball or roller bearing crankshafts don't need a very high oil pressure as a rule, so it would be difficult to say what is "enough" but problems are often simply the sender unit gone faulty. Trouble is, you can't just ignore it as it could be serious engine trouble. As you indicate in the title, you could do with a workshop manual, however some Chinese bikes don't have them. If it is a Chinese copy of a Honda, Suzuki or Yam engine, the manual for those would provide engine details.

Old 06-17-2024, 05:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

So I read around on the internet a little bit and some people say that some cfmoto quads have an oil change warning light or something like that, which warns you that you should do an oil change and it supposedly looks identical to the oil pressure light (dumb I know).
the previous owner did the above mentioned service himself and that included the oil change. I doubt that he had the means to put that in to the quads computer or just didnt know about it, I'm planning on texting him this afternoon to ask about it. I'll update you guys later.

Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My Ford car comes up with a yellow pic of an oil can when the next service is due, that freaked me out the first time, as it looks like the oil pressure warning, except that is red. There is usually a simple way to re-set these, but finding out what it is can be a problem, internet can help.