Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

Honda had to many law suits when they were making the 250R. Off the top of my head i remember some guy put his 9 year old on one and it had a 2.5 gallon gas tank on the back. The kid crashed into a tree and it blew up. Come on what was that guy thinking!! Another one i know off my head is some guy was crossing the road and a truck was coming and the truck hit him. The guy said that he couldnt get out of the way fast enough. Its his fault that he was on the road, and its not hondas fault he couldnt get out of the way fast enough!. There were alot of ones where people crashed due to going to fast and lack of rider experience also. My 250R still has the key switch on it and it says nobody over 14 should ride it and that if your not an expert you shouldnt ride it either. Im sure they wernt takin off by the owner as soon as they got them, so oviously they must have looked at it over and over to remind them.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 250RRydr
like i said on another forum about the service honda 250R.......

...why would anyone pay 9grand for a 400ex chassis/plastic with a cr250 motor in it?.....not that its not a cool bike.....but get real....you can buy a used 400ex and used cr250....buy the pipe from SH....and have the exact same bike for most likely less than 5k.....and THATS if you bought both machines in decent shape.....

i just would think that 9k would be better spent on an aftermarket chassis....and major engine mods

just my .02's...but its still a sweet bike!
Well I don't know about you but I don't like buying used junk. Would I buy one of these? NO. I have an 89 that I am trying to sell and can't for only $2500. 9k for one is way to much....WAY!

Old 07-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

There's a lot of sh*t talkin and some facts and some b.s. goin on here. Two stroke guys think a pipe makes them unbeatable. Some four stroke guys think more cc's and more torque mean they can beat any two-stroke. Any of these races are going to be fairly close unless one bike is heavily tuned and modded and one isn't. Then that's not a fair comparison. A 250r with a pipe will not smoke any four stroke. A four stroke with a pipe will not hang top speed with most two strokes. In general the bigger four strokes will beat slightly modded 250r's on dirt. I love the r's. Always have been a big fan of them. If you want a true comparison and since I'm a four stroke man you guys on the r's say your bike is better because it wins were it counts, in races. Well, look at the major races mx with the pros. The 250r has always been the most dominant out there for years but look at this past few years 400ex's have been cathcing up with the r's. This past season who took all the major championships, I'll tell ya the four stroke z-400's. They did have some great riders on them but hey they won. Now I know that two stokes rule the top end and in sand and things but the banshee is the king of that. The 250r was made for the track and it dominated like nothing else but from now on no matter what anyone thinks they'll be less and less 250r wins. With the ltz400's and the new yfz450's I don't think the 250r will ever win another championship. They'll still be great deals for real world riding and people will hop them up and still win amatuer races and some drags but the r's time of being at the top is over. It's a legend but it's not currently the best quad out there. Like I've said in other threads I'll still buy one any time.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

My (pipe and filter) R beats piped and jetted 4-bangers so its defintly possible buddy (iv never lost to a 4-stroke ever!). If i knew how to download a movie i would prove it.

p.s Z-400s are slow compared to all the other sport quads out there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Whatever, buddy. I gave the 250r it's props. You're just another guy that is infatiuated with the quad you've got and no other quad can beat it. That's cool to have your own opinion but an opinion is not neccesarily the facts. Fact is a kfx or z ain't slow. 4mph slower than an r top speed. Will beat a you stock for stock in a 300 foot drag. That's what most drags are becoming nowadays. Will beat you at the track as proven by my earlier statement about mx. Don't come and try to give me sh*t. I don't desrespect none of these quads. If you wanna call my quad slow, fine. It works for me. I think your quads pretty weak stock, albeit you don't see one stock anymore. A r isn't like a banshee, a banshee will still beat almost anything top speed and most sand drag, R's won't. They'll win some but they ain't a banshee. Oh and didn't say it wasn't possible for you to beat some four bangers I said some of you think you can beat all four's. That is b.s. Go ahead learn how to download a movie. Is the movie going to show me all the r has is a pipe and air filter? I doubt it. You can find all kinds of movies with a heavily modded quad beating another not so heavily modded one but you can't tell that one just has the mods you say you can beat everyone with. If we were closer I'd race you. I'm stock so you might win but I have never seen Maine so we can keyboard race forever without proving sh*t. I will say with confidence if you've never lost to not one four banger with an r that just has a pipe and filter then you've been racing very small four bangers or utility quads. You go race a ds with that thing and tell me you never lost, bullsh*t it won't happen.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

aiight guys .... im the one who started this flippen thing so yall can b**ch at me all you want .... Just be thankful we all have quads!!!!!!!!!!! I know kids that would give anything for a quad but there parents wont let them ........ I am just thankful I got an R and that i get to ride it with my dad and have a great time with friends

just ride hard and if you like you bike ... dont listen to noone

~ANDREW~

Old 07-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

mudslinger: i have raced 4 ds's, and do you even know what your talking about kid? A banshee and a 250r do not have a higher TOP SPEED (its close) They have higher top end power. Im not saying that my R is the fastest quad ever. Im just saying that my R is faster than any stock 4-banger.

I have raced everything kid........ V-forse, raptor, ds650,400ex,z-400,kxf400,preditor, shees, lt2500/500, other R's, and many others. My R goes 5.5-5.6 on a 300 foot drag. your big bad z-400 would go about 6.2. A v-forse with pipes goes 6.0. A stock ds650 goes 6.1

And im defintly not saying that an R is the fastest stock either kid, and I never sad anything about banshees or lt500's!

My R has a fmf sst pipe. uni filter, carbon tech replacement reeds, it has been geared a little bit. On a fresh rebuild. NOTHING ELSE HAS BEEN DONE TO IT.

Mabey mine goes so fast because i acually build the motor the right (unlike some people, with R's)way and im not a women when i drive it. Theres so many secrets to going faster its not even funny. I bet i could make your z-400 go 6.0-5.9

Old 07-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

I saw a brand new 86 250r on ebay it was never started it was just stored for the whole time and it sold for like 12000. I have a 86 R and i love it never had one problem. There Is a R at a shop in my home town with a 424 lrd powervalve cylinder with about 20 grand put into it for 10,000.

250r's rule the mx tracks
Remember jerimia jones is still wooping all the new four strokes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dragracer789
mudslinger: i have raced 4 ds's, and do you even know what your talking about kid? A banshee and a 250r do not have a higher TOP SPEED (its close) They have higher top end power. Im not saying that my R is the fastest quad ever. Im just saying that my R is faster than any stock 4-banger.

I have raced everything kid........ V-forse, raptor, ds650,400ex,z-400,kxf400,preditor, shees, lt2500/500, other R's, and many others. My R goes 5.5-5.6 on a 300 foot drag. your big bad z-400 would go about 6.2. A v-forse with pipes goes 6.0. A stock ds650 goes 6.1

And im defintly not saying that an R is the fastest stock either kid, and I never sad anything about banshees or lt500's!

My R has a fmf sst pipe. uni filter, carbon tech replacement reeds, it has been geared a little bit. On a fresh rebuild. NOTHING ELSE HAS BEEN DONE TO IT.

Mabey mine goes so fast because i acually build the motor the right (unlike some people, with R's)way and im not a women when i drive it. Theres so many secrets to going faster its not even funny. I bet i could make your z-400 go 6.0-5.9
So kid, you raced them with just a pipe and filter and beat all these quads? I know a really really modded 250r can beat anything if you put more and more money into it kid. Just like any quad but I thought you said you could beat all these with just a pipe and filter. And yes I do know what I'm talking about kid, I don't know how to tune a quad real good or build up a motor but I know facts and I've seen 250r's race with a pipe and get beat plenty of times. Don't patronize me with this (kid sh*t) either. I'm 30 years old in a few months[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img], I'm not some snot nosed 13 year old on here trying to get on people's nerves. So listen kid, if you can tune a quad so good I'm glad for you, hell if I lived closer you could tune mine all you want. I'm sure if a few more guys were still interested in this thread or some of the really experienced four stroke draggers they'd call you out, kid. Your last post was pretty respectful except for the slick little kid remarks so I can respect that. You did say you weren't the fastest you just said no four stroke ever beat you so I'd say you've just not raced a very hopped up four stroke. I'm not brand loyal, i'm not blinded by the quad I own. I just know a pipe and filter does not make a 250r faster than all four strokes. I'll post this question somewhere else and try to get more opinions but this is mine and I guess I respect yours. See ya, kid.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Oh nothing against you mack, we cool. You remember I have complimented your bike before and encouraged you to kick some a** at the track. Hope you get your bike fixed up real nice peace and God bless.