Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

KFX must have not ever rode a real bike. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wrecked my R today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ..... there is this hard *** rythem section only i was doing on a quad that kind of curves the the right so you have to hit your marks ...... anyway the jumps are 15 ft, 20 ft, 30ft, 40ft ...... i did them all cleanly cept for the 30 footer ..... i landed kinda in the flats and didnt have enought speed for the 40 and i was done for .......

tore my right front wheel slap off ... bent brake rotors .... my bars are bent forward to hell ...... my tie rod got screwed ..............:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ..... but im going to legacy tomm!

~Andrew~

Old 07-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

man that sucks big harry ****

Old 07-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

Have you seen this? BRAND NEW! lol

Also Available in Red | 2004 Specifications

Please print and fill out THIS order form completely and return it with deposit or call us at (219) 932-3588 to order. Don't forget that we can completely customize your bike for you as we are building it, take a look at the options on the customization page we have available for you to choose from. Bikes will be shipped based on receipt of deposit.

2004 Service Honda TRX250R Exclusive Features
• Powerful and durable 250 cc 2-stroke engine is the most powerful engine fitted to any sport atv.
• Backwards kick starter for easy convenient starting.
• The ultra-lightweight TRX250R weighs only 310 pounds.
• Additional frame gusseting for durability in severe use.
• Fully customizable with a wide range of options, including swingarms, a-arms, and shocks tuned specifically for the Service Honda TRX250R prior to delivery.

Engine
• High performance liquid cooled two stroke single cylinder engine with 66.4 mm x 72.0 mm bore and stroke and 8.5:1 compression ratio.
• Six pedal reed valve improves throttle response and power delivery.
• CRV rotary/flap exhaust valve has longer extentions on the side of the flap to better follow the exhaust port shape for increased internal turbulence, improved exhaust scavenging, and responsive acceleration.
• Expansion chamber is nickel plated and tuned to meet atv requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
• 16-bit processor in the ignition CPU provides fast data calculation and accurate timing for the solid-state 3-D map style digital ignition.
• Lightweight 38 mm Flat slide Mikuni TMX carburetor adds both initial throttle crispness and excellent throttle response to compliment the engines abundant power.
• Custom aluminum radiator futures 35% more core area than the original TRX250R for significantly improved heat dispersion.
• New radiator directly interchanges with original TRX250R radiator allowing original TRX250R owner to upgrade and allowing easy field service-ability for the new TRX250R using existing spares.
• Steel water pump gear for excellent reliability in ATV service.
• Durable, smooth shifting close ratio five speed transmission.
• Primary kickstarting allows starting in any gear.
Chassis
• Rugged steel frame with removable sub frame for easy maintenance.
• Independent double wishbone front suspension.
• Pro-link rear suspension with fully adjustable large diameter aluminum body Showa shock absorber is standard.
• Beautiful one-piece cast aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
• Radial tires for exceptional handling.
• Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
• Aggressive body style compliments the all sport appearance.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unspring weight for better handling.
• Durable heavy duty o ring sealed drive chain.

Old 07-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

dude that is some tight shizzyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ............... hell yea!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

like i said on another forum about the service honda 250R.......

...why would anyone pay 9grand for a 400ex chassis/plastic with a cr250 motor in it?.....not that its not a cool bike.....but get real....you can buy a used 400ex and used cr250....buy the pipe from SH....and have the exact same bike for most likely less than 5k.....and THATS if you bought both machines in decent shape.....

i just would think that 9k would be better spent on an aftermarket chassis....and major engine mods

just my .02's...but its still a sweet bike!

Old 07-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

as much as I like my R, i dont think I would spend $9K on one from service honda. the cr250r does put out hella power, but it just looks like a 400ex with a cr motor in it...um....well thats because thats what it is! its not a true R, but a respectable effort. now if HONDA themselves brought the R back for a limited time and updated it a little (not with 400ex plastic though) for $8-9K i would think about it.
But then again, I would rather them do another generation, 21st century R like what the 450R is supposed to be, hopefully slated for september.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

9 grand... Sheez... I paid 1700 for mine... Maybe the extra 7300 is for that fourth tire.. Gold Rim possibly? Yep.. The R' is due for a comeback - a limited edition production run would be great! It would let a few others find the fun in owning one. There is just those pesky enviornmentalists to get rid of...

Old 07-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

if it was environmentalist concerns......then why does yamaha still make the banshee as well as the blaster....they are both 2 strokes?.....not to mention all of the 2wheel 2 stroke bikes from the big 4 and ktm, etc. etc. etc...

just doesnt make sense to me why that excuse is always brought up....

Old 07-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Damn long thread.