Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE ARE THE R's ?????

Originally posted by: Trx86250r
I saw a brand new 86 250r on ebay it was never started it was just stored for the whole time and it sold for like 12000. I have a 86 R and i love it never had one problem. There Is a R at a shop in my home town with a 424 lrd powervalve cylinder with about 20 grand put into it for 10,000.

250r's rule the mx tracks
Remember jerimia jones is still wooping all the new four strokes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah I really like Jeremiah, he's from my home state, remember. He does get beat by the z400's bored to 450's though. Read about the race he was in at maybe Daniel Boone track. I can't remember but he was going against the Ballance brothers who are more well known than him nationaly. Anyways Jones did pretty good but Brandon Ballace took first on his ltz400. Jeremiah's a great rider he needs a little more exposure. I think Bill Ballance, (Brandon Ballance's more famous brother) rides an r. The three best mx bikes right now are still the 250r, the 400ex, and the suzuki ltz400, but the yfz is going to beat them all I think. Then when honda makes their 450 it will be a level playing field.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Trailblazer

bigtwin i dont think you know what you are talking about or if you even know how to ride because you have to ride a automatic. if you were actually trying to get 2500 out of you 250r than you would get it fast. i dont know about down where you live but here on the west coast stock 250r's are selling between 4500-6500. If i had 2500 dollars i would drive all the way to where you live and pick up your 250r.

no real atv rider rides a four stroke especailly a automatic thats like riding a polaris![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer

Come and get htis thing. Rides and runs great, has a dg pipe, douglas wheels, race plastic, dg bumpers front and rear. I know only real racers use 2 strokes....lmao. Keep up the good post and this thread will go on forever.

Oh yea I hope you don't thow a leg over that Warrior and become a non rider like the rest of us 4 strokers...Soon real soon they will outlaw those oil burners and everyone will come over to the powerside.....

Old 07-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you posted that thing on E-bay? He's right. Had someone offer my wife $6k for her R at the races. Maybe just the area we're in, but it should bring more than that.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Range Rover

I was offered 3500 for my trike... It's pretty much stock - but I'll never sell it.

Hell - they already outlawed 3 wheelers (I know, I know - the ban is up - but do you SEE any new trikes).. All of you wussies on 4 wheelers.. I hear it - "But you can't buy trikes.." "They tip over"... "They are so OLD"... "They are high maintenance".. "They are... " Dude - they TOALLY ROCK! Anybody who owns/has ridden a 250R trike just says "Wow! - That's awesome!". Someday I'll do the 500cc build up.. When I get another trike to tear apart that is - this one won't change a bit. Maybe new plastics again - It's been about 10 years since the last set..

What? Some of you have only been into ridin' for a year.. That's too bad.. Damn parents keepin' their kids from riding. Let em' ride dad!

Anybody see any coolness in keeping a bike mostly stock? Hell, I still use the stock pipe. I like the looks on the old school riders when they see the ATC250R. Most stop and ask how long I've had it, where I bought it, what mods I've done, where I've ridden etc. It is a great feeling to own a pice of ATV history.. Hopefully one that my grand kids will be able to enjoy.

Have fun tearin' it up! - And a big what's up goes out to all those R riders who love johnson/lucerne Valley. I know that area like the back of my ATC.. More fun than you can imagine. I lived off Camp Rock road for many years and learned every nick and cranny of that place. One of the few places where you can go straight for four hours without having to turn around (unless you don't mind F-16's with nucleur weapons riding 10 feet from your head - then you can ride the bombing range too)..

My $.02 for the day..

Oh yeah - I was just kiddin' about that wussy part.. Quads rock too, just not as big of a rock, that's all..

Old 07-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

trike guy, i have a trx 250r and i love it but i had a atc 250r before and that was fun too. The fun thing about the three wheeler is that you can wheelie like crazy and ride on two wheels for miles. But they arnt the best jumpers. Ive seen some crazy atc 250r dragsters though and some hill climers those guys are crazy.

Old 07-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waynerod, my first one was the old "dinosaur" as my buddy's called it, the good old aircooled 3 wheeler 250r. I like trikes too, just maybe not as much as my 4 wheelers. Keep rocking with the classics!!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

your right trikes are awsome too. I grew up on a tri moto 200 and still have it, in mint condition! People always tell me "Ow why dont you sell that and buy another 4-wheeler?. but no way wil i ever sell my trikes. If you know how to drive them and not tip over and all that stuff they really are a ton a fun.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

About the new R's service honda is making them..They are really nice..but the cost a lot..I was thinking about buying one..Thwy make them they way you want them with all the mods anything you want they put on it...A little bit pricey though..Check it out.. http://www.servicehonda.com/TRX250r.html

Old 07-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

I think service honda should make a bigger bore two-stroke like a 350 or something for open class races. It would also be a great drag quad and if they kept the race frame on the bigger bore it would still be a good trail quad if you could handle the power.