Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what is the best quad for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best quad for me?

what is the best quad for me? i love hillclimbing,trail riding,and open areas where i can open up the throttle wide open

Old 11-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Honda 400ex hands down man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

u might like a banshee. There good hillclimbers and afe wicked fast. Or you might like a raptor or something bigger like that.

Old 11-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

You would like the power of the raptor

Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I custom built a quad and I used a 250x frame and put a 350x motor in it and its faster than a 400ex. And its awsome in any gear. I can rip wheelies in 6th gear and ride them down the road. Truly a 250x/350x is the way to go If you want a cheaper quad thats better then the rest.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think u would be happy with the V-force 700, it has plenty of power, reverse for trail riding, and what i love about it the most is the drive shaft when trail riding u will need to tightin your chain after about every ride and after about 2 months u would need a new set of sprockets and a chain

Old 11-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kennyboi
what i love about it the most is the drive shaft when trail riding u will need to tightin your chain after about every ride and after about 2 months u would need a new set of sprockets and a chain
That is most definatly not true. You only need to tighten the chain about once every 2 months until it has stretched as far as it is going to. and if you keep it tightened up, you wont need to change sprockets much at all.

BTW, i have only tightened up my 300ex's chain once and its a 2002 model.

Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
what i love about it the most is the drive shaft when trail riding u will need to tightin your chain after about every ride and after about 2 months u would need a new set of sprockets and a chain
That is most definatly not true. You only need to tighten the chain about once every 2 months until it has stretched as far as it is going to. and if you keep it tightened up, you wont need to change sprockets much at all.

The longer u go with out tightning the chain the worse condition its going to be in and a set of sprockets wont last u half the time as they will when u tightin them after every ride...when the chain in looser than its supposed to be it streches alot faster and get worser and worser the more u ride, any one that has been riding and racing quads long enough will tell u that

Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Raptor, man! It's got everything; torquy, 5 valves to run down fire roads, and reverse to get ya out of a jam.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305

The longer u go with out tightning the chain the worse condition its going to be in and a set of sprockets wont last u half the time as they will when u tightin them after every ride...when the chain in looser than its supposed to be it streches alot faster and get worser and worser the more u ride, any one that has been riding and racing quads long enough will tell u that

I have been riding for hmm, 8 years, If you dont need to tighten your chain then dont do it, the chain wont stretch after every ride, it just wont happen, Its not that i dont tighten my chain, It doesnt need tightening after every ride and my sprockets are just fine. I knew that if your chain gets loose, it will start eating away at your sprocket teeth making have to buy new sprockets and a chain.

Quick Reply: what is the best quad for me?