Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Preditor 90 plug fouls

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preditor 90 plug fouls

I purchased a Preditor 90 / 2003, we have used the quad about 3 times so far. When I first got it it would start right up and idle fine.
After the first tank of gas (which had the break-in mix as recommended) the darn think won't start up right away.
I hit the starter it pops a few times then stalls. I had it back to the dealer and the service tech changed the plug.
It ran fine untill the next time I tried to start it, just would not go. It seems every time I use it I have to pull the plug, clean it and then it fires right up. (The plug is wet when I pull it out)
Since its under warrenty I'm sending it back to the dealer I was just wondering if anyone had any advice.
I was told to choke it for no more then 30 seconds when it first starts because it wil load up.
I was also told to remove the throttle restrictor and run it out before putting it away to prevent the plug from fouling. (doesn't seem to make a difference).
Its my sons quad so it gets a bit frustrating when we gear up to go and I have to do plug maintenence to start the thing every time.

I think we have about 18 hours on the machine and 90 percent of the riding is in open fields.

Thanks in advance