Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

most torque in a sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most torque in a sport quad?

witch sport quad has the most torque,for trail riding and can do power wheelies with no problem,i like thw z400 but also like the raptor, I cant decide? it will be just trail ridding and drag racing with my freinds,and i will have to ride the wife some times (torqe) thanks.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

The Raptor has tons more torque then a Z400 thanks to it's 660cc motor.
The Vforce I've heard also has tons of torque from it's 700cc motor. But the Vforce is an auto tranny which I don't like at all, but it does wheelie great.

I would go raptor there an awesome trail quad.

Old 01-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor has insane torque.. ITs not even funny, scary at sometimes. Much more than the Z-400 also. All the way for the raptor!

Old 01-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i went to look at the new honda 450 today before the guy came to pick it up,i like it looks alot better in person than the mags and feels good to when sitting on it.just dont kike the kick start idea???????there was a used raptor there and i see what people mean abought tipping easy because the rear axels look like they belong on a blaster,very narrow.But other than that it looks good. wish i could ride one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

You will like the Raptor it has tons of torque

Old 01-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

ya the raptors have good torque i think the raptors have a long stroke and the z has a short stroke 64mm longer the stroke more torque but don't rev as fast with the z it revs fast because of the short stroke

Old 01-31-2004, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

when you say trails to you mean like tight corners and twist or like a 2 car wide path? if it is a tighter trail trail then the vforce would be great because you are always in the right gear and you dont have to worry about shiffting. as far as drag racing goes you can get a simple primary spring replacement and it will engage at a higher rpm and shift out higher too...will also start rippin down the wall you hit at about 40

Old 01-31-2004, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcnitrofreek
witch sport quad has the most torque,for trail riding and can do power wheelies with no problem,i like thw z400 but also like the raptor, I cant decide? it will be just trail ridding and drag racing with my freinds,and i will have to ride the wife some times (torqe) thanks.
trust me if u are some what bigger get the ds650 it is one of the bedt out there the only 2 other atvs that come close is the preditor and a shee

Old 01-31-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

look if realy want torque you cant beat the kawi V-TWIN and that is a fact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt say that, ive beat many KFX700's at the local drags. The Raptor has monster torque. And the reason the YFZ is not tippy is it comes with a longer swimgarm and axle I believe from the showroom floor. I still dont feel the Raptors tippiness. Dont know why, and im sure the Raptor will handle like a dream once you slap on an axle on the beast.

Quick Reply: most torque in a sport quad?