Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

I need your help to choose the good sport quad for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hellooo! I want to buy a used sport quad but I don't know witch choose... I want a sport quad for trail riding but able to land some jumps and fast enough to ride in sand. I don't know if I want a 2 or 4 stroke quad. I know 2 stroke is faster but the life of a 4 stroke is longer... so, I realy don't know witch sport quad buy
Oh, and I don't want a sport quad too expensive (less than 2500$). I though to buy a suzuki quadsport 230/250 or a yamaha blaster or a kawasaki mojave or a suzuki quadracer but I still don't know... I need your help Give me your suggestion please!
Thank you!

Old 08-07-2000, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

Well, I was in the same predicament as you for a while. I was convinced on getting a blaster for a long time. I heard the Banshee was a bad beginners quad. I just bought a 96 banshee(my first quad by the way) with a Motofast 2-1 pipe, Holeshot XCTs all the way around, plus some more. I paid 3200 for it. It's an awesome quad! Mine has been pretty descent for woods, but really rips when given room. It jumps well, and for 3200 it's the best BANG for the buck. You might be able to find an older used one. If not, I'd get a blaster, cause you'll get the most power out of it. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Jason

Old 08-07-2000, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

More power out of a Blaster than a Quadracer? No chance. Out of the list you provided. go for a Quadracer for sure.. They are decent machines and you should be able to find one in your price range...

RoostkIng

Old 08-07-2000, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks you rottwolf to reply me. I though to buy a banshee but,it's a lot more expensive that other quad and when a banshee break, I cost 2x more because it's 2 cylindre, 2 carburator, 2 exhaust... But I try some Banshees couple of time and you'r right! That rips
But too expensive when it break... I really think to buy a quadsport or quadracer or a blaster or a 250x or a mojave now! But I still don't know because blaster don't have good brake and not a lot of power, and for the quadracer, a lot of people said to me that it is not reliable but powerfull and not to expensice to buy... and for quadsport, I don't know if it has power enough to ride into sand and climb the big hills and for the 250x, I don't know any information on that quad and I never seen one 250x for sale where I live... and for the mojave, I don't know any information on that quad too so, I realy don't know wich quad buy... I will wait for other suggestion but thank you rottwolf for your suggestion.

Old 08-07-2000, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

If price is an big issue buy the cheapest one you can find that's in the best shape. I have a 300EX and it's great, but i bought mine really cheap ($1800 can.) and have had many problems. If I had my time back I'd buy a blaster.

Old 08-07-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 1991 Lt250r and love it.If you buy one try to get a 1987 and up,and no matter what quad you get before you buy it have somebody good at fixing quads look at it,because once you buy it its your problem,i know this from experiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2000, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

My apologies Roost! I saw the quad sport but missed the quad racer. Most definately, if it were my choice of the ones you liste, it would be a quad racer. I would even chance the age of the QR due to it's overall performance. They are relatively cheap when I see them down here in Texas. Much cheaper than a 250r. The reason I say Blaster, aside from the QR, is because of this: It produces more power stock than a 300ex..and is lighter. With a pipe and filter, you can get around 20(mabye a little more) horsepower. Now that's not a huge amount, but when it only weighs in at 320 lbs..it's a lot. It's narrower for woods, and it's brakes are not the greatest. But if it were me, and I had to choose out of the sport quads, it would be a blaster, for what you can spend, you can get a fairly new one.

Good luck and be safe!

jason

Old 08-08-2000, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a '99 Blaster with a Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Boyesen Pro-Series reeds, removed air lid, and regeared (14 tooth front sprocket), and rejetted. I love it I can out and out climb Warriors, 300EXs, and Mojaves.

Old 08-08-2000, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

The quadracer 250R came out in 87 so how can you get one any older.

Old 08-08-2000, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry but quad racer came out in 1985

Quick Reply: I need your help to choose the good sport quad for me!!!