Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easiest way to wheelie

KFX 700 for beginners,400ex for skilled riders

Old 08-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

On my Raptor in first and second i hit the gas and the front end rips off the ground. In the high gears you need to pull back on the handle bars to lift the front wheels off the ground.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here's kind of what I do, but I'm not that good. Some guys can keep them going forever and at very slow speeds...

Anyway, on that predator start out rolling slow in second gear. Sit back on the seat and goose it while pulling back and up on the handlebars. Secret to a good wheelie is to get it right in that sweet spot between going all the way over backwards, and the front wheels coming down. Balanced if you will on the 2 rear wheels. It takes some practice to understand where that point is. If you have an old grab bar, put it on just in case she goes all the way...

Anyway, once you get it up to that point, use the throttle to balance it an move forward. Also, have your foot on the rear brake and if you start going too far back, slightly touch the brake and that will bring the front end down again. You'll see some guys on bikes and quads that like to take the wheelie past verticle and then bring it back. Hitting the back brake is how they do that also. Looks pretty cool on a 2 wheeler, but on a quad the grab bar scrapes...

Another difference on 2 wheelers and quads to be aware of. If you wheelie on a 2 wheeler, you can kind of steer by leaning left or right. That don't work on a quad, so don't run into anything...

Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Webopper
Here's kind of what I do, but I'm not that good. Some guys can keep them going forever and at very slow speeds...

Anyway, on that predator start out rolling slow in second gear. Sit back on the seat and goose it while pulling back and up on the handlebars. Secret to a good wheelie is to get it right in that sweet spot between going all the way over backwards, and the front wheels coming down. Balanced if you will on the 2 rear wheels. It takes some practice to understand where that point is. If you have an old grab bar, put it on just in case she goes all the way...

Anyway, once you get it up to that point, use the throttle to balance it an move forward. Also, have your foot on the rear brake and if you start going too far back, slightly touch the brake and that will bring the front end down again. You'll see some guys on bikes and quads that like to take the wheelie past verticle and then bring it back. Hitting the back brake is how they do that also. Looks pretty cool on a 2 wheeler, but on a quad the grab bar scrapes...

Another difference on 2 wheelers and quads to be aware of. If you wheelie on a 2 wheeler, you can kind of steer by leaning left or right. That don't work on a quad, so don't run into anything...
i could not have said it any better myself. the wheelies that he explained look really cool.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks grizzman, now if I could only do them as well as I can explain them....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry to get off topic here Webopper but what do you think is faster,you Predator or KX250?

Old 08-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KX is quicker, but the preddy is faster. Not by much.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

i think that the z 400 and 400ex are the best for wheelies. i rode a trx450r and things r pretty sweet too

Old 08-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

pull back, and lay on the gas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: easiest way to wheelie