Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Mechanic on Drugs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic on Drugs?

I recently bought an new sport quad - rode it 30 minutes or 20 miles.. parked it in the garage.
Noticed that the rear tire was barely on. The wheel nuts were hanging on by 1/4" or less.
What would you guys expect from the dealership other than a free fix?
It just scares me what would have happened if I would have had it wide open and the wheel fell off.

Thanks in advance for your honesty.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What make/model was it???

Don't they come with wheels on from the factory? So, this should be a factory error, and should be absolutely covered by warranty. The rim is probably chewed up, as are the studs. Should be replaced on warranty!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

It is an 06 Honda 450R. The studs are chewed up but, the rim appears to be fine.
I am not sure if the wheels are on them when they are in the crate or if the dealer puts them on.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

The wheels are not on in the crate. Another big problem which alot of new 450r owners are having is when you first get it you might notice that when your driving it you might notice that the rim looks bent. It's because those monkey that work in the shop did not take off the shipping washers that were placed on the studs which bolted to a block of wood for shipping. Make sure your rim bolts flush, if you see a gap between the rim and the hub then there is still a washer in there. I read were this is happening alot.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Take it back to the dealer and raise hell!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'd expect them to fix everything, then give me some of their drugs.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Was it only one of the wheels?????....If that is the case....Maybe they thought they were still putting wheels on there 3-wheelers back in the 80's.....one wheel........two wheels.....three wheels......there done!!!!!Just a thought.....

Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

I dropped it off this morning. I spoke to my Salesman about the problem and they will fix it no problem. I explained my frustration about not being able to ride it on our Candaian Long Weekend. I told him that I would talk to him on Monday when I pick it up to see about him tossing a K&N Air Filter for my troubles. I still can not picture what would have occured if I rode it another 5 minutes.. and how fast I may have been going.

Thanks guys for all your advice - especially CamoKodiak450! I will check for the shipping washers.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Range Rover

how do you like it so far until your wheel almost fell off, check your suspension cause thats not even bolted down either. deff get the hrc kit it makes a world of diffrence have fun and be safe. if you get the k and n get a uni filter too and cut out the yellow part, and put it over the k and n it will help keep dirt out. the top tech that i work with told me that one works awsome

cooper

Old 05-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer

I love it! I have a minor sponsor for Ice Racing (for Central Alberta). I have not had the machine wide open yet.
I can not wait to start the mods. I am contemplating the HRC Kit.. thanks for the push Cooper. Prolly get it anyways.
I am looking at the DG bumper along with other armor. Not sure what nerf bars. A FMF Q2 Slip on... thoughts?
I need an exaust under 100dB or I can not race in some events. I welcome all feedback pos/neg.

What kind of pants,jacket & boots do you guys wear/recommend? Looking for something that will last and hold up to mud.

Quick Reply: Mechanic on Drugs?