Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Sport Quad Riders.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Some of his old threads have been popping up too. Maybe he just has a new screen name, lol
You'll be able to tell real quick.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If he's lurking in the shadows watch for quotes like, "ignorant fat slobs, rednecks with their pig machines, I can outride everyone on the planet, etc." I do kind of miss him. I've always found it interesting when people say that their advice is the best out there but they then resort to name calling aimed at the people who don't agree with them. He had some good arguments but others have also. I've always liked the, "agree to disagree", mode of life. When you can have a dialog without calling people names, and getting all upset, and still walk away friends, you're much the wiser for it.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
If he's lurking in the shadows watch for quotes like, "ignorant fat slobs, rednecks with their pig machines, I can outride everyone on the planet, etc." I do kind of miss him. I've always found it interesting when people say that their advice is the best out there but they then resort to name calling aimed at the people who don't agree with them. He had some good arguments but others have also. I've always liked the, "agree to disagree", mode of life. When you can have a dialog without calling people names, and getting all upset, and still walk away friends, you're much the wiser for it.
Yeah...those are definetly tell tale quotes..lol. He definetly had some entertaining arguments with people. I guess variety IS the spice of life! lol "lurking in the shadows"..thats funny Moose!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

When it all comes down to it, ride what you can afford that meets your needs, enjoy it, and make a few friends along the way. It's a great hobby that's growing year by year. There's no need for the utility owners to say sport riders are idiots or for the sport riders to say the ute riders are idiots. I had a sporty 300cc Kawasaki Lakota. Blast to ride but when the big rocks and deep mudholes and waterholes came up it wasn't fun anymore. That's why I went to the utility end of things. I wish my quad was as throwable as the Lakota was but that's not gonna happen. But my Lakota would not pull a 4x4x3' deep trailer loaded with firewood up and down the hills on my land in VT either. So, ask questions before you buy, see what works best for your needs, take a test drive if you can, and have a great time.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
When it all comes down to it, ride what you can afford that meets your needs, enjoy it, and make a few friends along the way. It's a great hobby that's growing year by year. There's no need for the utility owners to say sport riders are idiots or for the sport riders to say the ute riders are idiots. I had a sporty 300cc Kawasaki Lakota. Blast to ride but when the big rocks and deep mudholes and waterholes came up it wasn't fun anymore. That's why I went to the utility end of things. I wish my quad was as throwable as the Lakota was but that's not gonna happen. But my Lakota would not pull a 4x4x3' deep trailer loaded with firewood up and down the hills on my land in VT either. So, ask questions before you buy, see what works best for your needs, take a test drive if you can, and have a great time.
X2 Very well put! This is why I am lucky enough to own both as I can ride with both sides and they both put a different BIG smile on my face!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

have learned not to bad mouth any quad sport or utility I might need them to tow me back to campsite sometime or vise versa haha

Old 03-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by 2strokezilla
have learned not to bad mouth any quad sport or utility I might need them to tow me back to campsite sometime or vise versa haha
Ain't that the truth. Or "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It works.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by 2strokezilla
Got to admit its kinda embarrassing to have your 4x4 towed home by a sport quad to ain't it LOL ......Oh wait!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

In my best Mr. T voice, "I pity the sport quad that has to tow my Sportsman X2".

Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Don't know the whole story behind this...

But I do have to agree that this site is now more like ute connection than atv connection these days.

So it is more of a resource for you guys and a better cyber hangout.
There is very little sport quad talk to be involved in here now.

Quick Reply: Sport Quad Riders.....