Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Fastest Stock Quad??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Stock Quad??????

Hey I am looking at buying a new quad. I have aldready owned a 400ex i sold it last year.. Looking to get back into riding.. I am curious what is the fastest BONE stock quad out there right now??? I am also interested in which quad you think is the best out right now?? I know that the EX is getting beat by some newer machines... The purchase is between z400, Cannibal, Raptor, Predator. I will be trail riding riding mostly. Another thing is that I will be riding with two KX 250's... With possibly a little track riding.. And some climbing to so I guess I am looking for an all around qaud..??????? Thanks alot

Old 12-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I am looking for an all around qaud..
I think you may have sold it last year!

Otherwise, any of the ones you listed.

Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

You sold a 400EX also? How do you like it compared to the raptor that I think you have. I had the 400 already. It was an awsome quad dont get me wrong I loved it. But I just here all the hype about these new quads with reverse. Like the Z400 and is the KXF really the same quad as the Z400?? I dont really think that you can beat the handling of the 400 or how smooth it was do some of these quads compare in that category? I was never a big fan of Yamaha's because there shifters dont come straight from the engine they put that bar in between which gets play in it very easily...

Old 12-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I would get a Predator, zero bump steer, wide, long wheel base, great suspension, strong fast motor.

Dry weight is heavier then Rappy, Z400, or EX but you have to remember it has a heavy rear axle that shouldn't bend, heavier tires, wider a-arms, and different steering setup.

my .02

Old 12-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Canondale, cannondale, cannondale. Stock against stock no machine can touch it except for maybe the new gas gas. But it is so new there are no comparisons on it. And I love the c-dale on the trails.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer

Predator. It's the only stock four stroke I've ever ridden that will come out of the hole harder than a Banshee. Cannondales are grat machines until you need to order parts......"uhhh, sorry, we're making bicycles at the factory this month, call us back in January and we'll make your clutch cable."

Old 12-10-2002, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Squid, that's a funny post :rolleyes; nevermind that parts like that are outsourced and the only model that comes with a clutch cable are the newer Cannibals (late '02-03).

Old 12-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey CBU why dont you help me out and respond to my questions??? I see that you sold a rapter were you not happy with it have you ridden any of the other quads i have metioned???

Old 12-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the Raptor for a trail quad, but I wanted to get into GNCC style racing and I decided to go with the R for that. The Raptor is on the narrow side and has a higher center of gravity than the others, which gives it a top heavy, tippy fell (tends to "bicycle" more easily and powerslide less predictably). Also, bone stock, the motor is not that impressive. However, with a few mods, the motor does wake-up quite a bit. I have not ridden the new Z/KFX twins yet (they are IDENTICAL except for color), but a riding partner of mine has one (got it just as my ride was stolen, so I have not ridden it yet) and he loves it. The 400EX is a sweet handling quad (my friend says his Z is just as good though), but the power was on the soft side for me (and takes some real money and work to get impressive power). I have yet to ride a C-Dale, so I can't really say much there. The guys that I've talked to, do like them well. They are a different animal from the rest. At first, they struggled with some quality control issues (they do have the best customer support by far), but that seems to be worked out for the most part and they are a much harder edged quad. By that, I mean the motor likes to be riden hard and the suspension is firmer. If you are more of a laid back trail rider, you may not be as happy with it as you would be with a Z or EX, but if you are an aggressive rider who likes to push the limits, the C-Dales are the best out there IMHO. Finally, on the Predator, I have yet to see one in action and have not talked to anyone who has ridden one, so I won't say anything one way or another about it. I guess it all depends on how hard you ride, how much money you are willing to spend up front on the quad, and how much money you are willing to spend on aftermarket parts on what will be the best choice for you.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Squidward
Predator. It's the only stock four stroke I've ever ridden that will come out of the hole harder than a Banshee. Cannondales are grat machines until you need to order parts......"uhhh, sorry, we're making bicycles at the factory this month, call us back in January and we'll make your clutch cable."
fyi - there are two separate plants that cannondale owns. The one does make bicycles but the other one only makes ATV's and Motorcycles. Have you ever personally ordered parts from cannondale?.. The service is great and the warranty coverage is great. I would just love to see one of the other companies try to compete with the service and coverage that they offer. I would put a dale up against anything and not be afraid to laugh at the other person before I smoke them.

Quick Reply: Fastest Stock Quad??????