Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I broken my Z400's swingarm in half

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I broken my Z400's swingarm in half

Well jumping in my backyard I got about 5 feet of air and landed snaping my swingarm.
I have had the bike for 3 months but the dealer says it my be under warranty.
I'll have to see.

broken swingarm picture

Old 06-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen that before. You all right? I would think that would be covered under the warrenty, hope you get it back on the trail soon! Good luck!

Old 06-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

well it didn't feel good
how do you like the predator? I want to ride one
I wasn't a big suzuki fan tell the z came out
before that i was all yamaha and honda

Old 06-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard the predator stock frames will take a pounding and no problems. I'm sorry for what happed to you. Mine is still holding up and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I know the z400 frames were having problems in the front and sometimes the rear shock mounts but I haven't heard much about the swingarm. I'm getting my frame gusseted and aftermarket suspension as soon as I get a little extra cash. Right now I'm just taking it easy on the jumps, I mean I still jump it but I don't get no major air.

Old 06-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

I would put money on it that it was because of weight shaving that caused it to brake. You don't see many posts on this happening to any quad, so you might have just gotten a bad swing arm. I wouldn't think it will be a common problem.
I like my Predator a lot. I came from riding a 95 Scrambler, so a 250ex ride would be better! lol The power is great. It keeps up with/passes anything that I've ran across. It handles great, jumps very well and is pradictable in the air and lands very well. Some don't like the lack of reverse, but I so far have not been in a situation where I 'NEEDED' it, so no problem for me. It hooks up great out of the corners. I basically only trial ride, not much for dunes here in Wisconsin, so I set it up just for trail and a little mx riding. My friends are trying to convice me to try short track racing with it. Maybe in a month or so.

Old 06-01-2003, 10:07 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check ebay. There's one ending tomorrow. (That is if they don't warranty it)

Old 06-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

i might have 1 for you i broke my carrier and im going round housing if they fall through on you let me know i will try to hook you up

Old 06-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

Wow thats a first. Can't say I've ever seen that happen before. Did it break clean at the weld? If so I would defiantly say thats a manufactoring problem and should be replaced under warranty. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I would bet that you were jumping a small 12" jump when this happened. That took alot of force to damage it like that. Aluminum will usually crack then tear apart. You skipped all that and just busted it. Did you come up short on a fairly small jump? I hate jumping anything with less than a 5' ramp. Sometimes on small jumps it will throw the front end up then catch on the rear wheels, can be very rough if your not hard on the gas. I would bet that is what happened to you.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

a freind of mine has a z and he is not going to like that pic at all.and also do you ever wash the z?

Quick Reply: I broken my Z400's swingarm in half