Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to buy either Z400 or raptor 660 which is best in your opinon

looking to buy either Z400 or raptor 660 which is best in your opinon

Old 06-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

what kind of riding are you going to do? with the lower price on the raptor now i'd go that way.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

This is a very, very tough question. With the lower price of the raptor, I might be persuaded to go that route. Like sandman says it depends on what kind of riding also, you probably know the raptor is quite a bit faster and accelerates better. The z meanwhile handles quite a bit better and doesn't lean as much, which makes it corner better. The raptor can probably be made to handle as well as a z better than a z can be made to be as fast as a raptor. Well it's easy to make a z as fast as a raptor is in stock form but mod for mod the bigger motor raptor is always going to be more powerful. So it might cost more at first to make a raptor handle like a z but in the end the raptor probably has more potential. I'm not sure I know the z has plenty of potential also. The raptor still is the best looking quad, it's just that where I live everybody has one. No real individuality if I got one too, so I got a z400. Good luck there both great sport quads. Sandman, I'm suprised you didn't mention for him to get a DS. I know he just mentioned these two but the DS is faster than them both.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raptor if you need reverse and the Predator if you don't need reverse.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

There are hundreds of posts on this choice but it boils down to this,
If handling is more important get the Z, you can spend big bucks on suspension trying to get a Raptor to handle, but it only masks the Raptors poor handling.
If horse power is more important get the Raptor, you can spend big bucks modding the Z’s motor but it will never make as much power as a similarly modded Raptor.
With that in mind, ride both and then make your decision.
Both great quads.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
What's wrong with the z, it has reverse to. Don't get a predator they are hard to shift and the tranny isnt all that good.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I like my Z, my friend likes his raptor.
The raptor is faster tward top end.
sit on them, compare prices, and see what you like better.
They both have there ups and downs.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

NO question about it the z is the best choice i have one . my friend has a raptor both stock his takes off a little quicker but there top speed is the same, the downfall of the raptor is its top heavy rolls easy and isnt a good handler, the Z handles much better and the only thing the raptor has over the Z is the take off , and if you are worried about the price mine only cost 5,200$ less than the raptor was going for

Old 07-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Koller- My main problem with the Z is the axle and frame problems. Between the Z and the Raptor I'd pick the Raptor because of the extra power and it's been out for a while. The Z and the Raptor are similar when your sitting on them because Suzuki copied the Raptors styling.

I kinda like the Predator because of it's stance and speed. Although I don't care for the plastic over the tank and it doesn't have reverse. Until Suzuki completely fixes their problems, I'd pick either the Predator or Raptor.

Old 07-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
Didn't give the z much of a consideration did ya coyotechaser? I'll suggest differnt quads than mentioned in these questions sometimes to, but I'll mention the ones they ask about and tell why or why I wouldn't buy them. The z plastic design is taken from a raptor (the best looking quad) but the z is completely differnet with it's great handling and easier suspension. The z's motor doesn't set so high and is a more balanced quad throughout. The frames are not a real issue, no more than a pred or mechanical problems on a raptor. I haven't seen a z frame crack mentioned, or not a real one, in a while, just guys who don't own one who are using heresay to put this great quad down. Nothing against predators but their the ones starting to get frame cracks mentioned more here lately. Aussierider I think had one and some others. Also a mag (I know you can't beleive everything they say) said the more they ride the predator the more they like it but also the more problems they find with it. Like I said I'd probably try the raptor with the lower price, but it doesn't beat the z much overall, in a drag (maybe 3 quads stock), and definitly not on a track (way better handling z). So which ever one you find cheaper the z or the raptor is my pick.

Quick Reply: looking to buy either Z400 or raptor 660 which is best in your opinon