Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

500cc Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500cc Quad?

You're right, Customfab. I wasn't really thinking about utilities and although the vforce, raptor and DS have larger displacements, I don't think they are as big as a zilla. Genesis was concerned about being too big for this bike and I was trying to let him know that this is about as big as quads get. The zilla felt longer and wider to me then any quad I've sat on, but that could also be my memory turning nostalgic about that glorious machine.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 500cc Quad?

"Do I want to sell it"???

Well, What could I get for it before having it all professionally tuned up as per the recommendations you guys have made here?

any idea what it will cost me to have those things done at a Suzuki dealer?

I always have my machines worked on professionally...no "shade-tree" mechanics because if something goes wrong I have a warranty froma dealer. It may cost more but in my mind it is worth it. that and the fact that I know basically nothing about engines. 9-)

Dylan

Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 500cc Quad?

The value of the bike is mostly based on condition. In good condition you could probably get over three grand, but right now you've basically got a parts bike. Without knowing if the bike runs the value is probably less than a thousand.

I don't know how much of a warranty a dealer is going to give you on a 15 year old bike that might not run, especially since the only work they'd be doing is basic maintenace- fluid flush, filter cleaning, etc. You can do it all yourself for about 15-20 bucks in a couple of hours. At dealer labor rates, I'd guess at least $200.

Old 11-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Range Rover
Default 500cc Quad?

Hey Genesis

The QuadZilla is the perfect quad for you. I am 6'4'' and tip the scales at 320lbs and the Zilla is the only qaud for me!!! It is not like the new 4 strokers that are tippy. The Zilla is WIDE.

Have it cleaned up and get ready TO HOLD ON[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Listen to Dune Addict about working on it

Welcome to the Club

Mike

Old 11-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default 500cc Quad?

Genesis,

How long has your Zilla been sitting?

Does it roll freely??

These quads arent that hard to work on, save your money at the dealer and restore that thing. It looks like its
all there.

If you can do the work your self 1500.00 would go really far. As somone else said LISTEN to DUNEADDICT he
knows these beasts inside and out.

If you do restore it properly you wont be disappointed.

Lots of parts on Ebay too.

lotsa luck, get it running !!!

Old 11-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 500cc Quad?

The funny thing is I have been kind of apprehensive about trying to kick it over so for all I know it may actiually start. But that probably wouldnt be a good thing since it sat for about a year or so would it?

I might feel mor econfortable having someone to go over it with me as I really am not very good mechanically. I'm going to ask one of the local motorheads if they can herlp me. At what point should I try and start it? Would it damage it if I tried to fire it up before changing all the fluids and lubricating everything?

Genesis

Old 11-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default 500cc Quad?

With the ignition off you can roll it over to make sure its not seized up from sitting. If not, change the fluids
and go for it.

You may want to get a factory service manual. You can get one online at service manuals.com.
Get yourself a good set of tools and toolbox just for the Zilla. Follow the book and be patient and you will get it.

Do some research on your Zilla questions, you will find alot of good info in old threads. Starting techniques,
type of oil to use (never synthetic!), how to mix and jet, stuff like that.

Besides will your mechanic be there if you have a simple problem on the trail?? Get to know Your Zilla!!!
You will be better off in the long run, Its not that difficult , ask Questions get answers. The folks on this forum
have really led me in the right direction a few times.

Get them fluids changed, any way you got to.
Do what Addict said to do, and get that Zilla Rippin !!!

let us know how it goes