Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road

ya in wisconsin there are trails where you have to ride the rode for a couple miles.

Old 01-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

One of my friends acculally out ran a cop becuase he pulled off on a trail he was on a yzf 450 . he got cuaght and he got it impounded 2 days later for riding on the side of a 4-lane highway !!!

Old 01-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt have the ***** to take my Z400 on the highway... I was with my friend riding who had been on the highway once and he showed me where he got on at in one part of the side of this highway... I was like... thats cool, but I'm not going out there lol... I probably would now, this was when I 1st got my quad and wasnt as confidant on it as I am now.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Im like 15 minutes outside of waterbury, off exit 17 on I84. I want to take my sled on the highway but I havent gotten the ***** to do it yet. Probably a good idea. Ive crossed 691 in cheshire where there is this trail that goes right across

Old 01-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

i am only 14, and have already been pulled over twice. The first time, the cop didnt get outta the car, i jus said " i'll put it up " and he drove away. He was my neighbor, but i didnt know him. The second time, i was on my old Quadsport 230, and i was racin my neighbor on a 300EX. We had like 4 races, (i wont 3 ) and we put them up in the driveway, and started to mess around with mine. As soon as i said " wouldnt it suck if the cops came "...i looked down the driveway and the cops pulls up. We actually got out of this one too because the person i was racing knew the cop. But he said if we wouldnt have known him, we would have had them impounded, and both gotten tickets. We are very lucky, but it was enough to scare the hell out of me.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

Just keep a cup of hot coffee and a couple donuts with you and you probably can get out of any situation with the coppers.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad my four wheeler is fast. If I saw a cop, I would gun it and head for the nearest trail. I would cut off my four wheeler, wait a while, and find a back way home. Not to many crown victorias can even come close to the acceleration of a banshee. Heck, not to many crown victorias can hang with a 400ex.

Old 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

bahahaha!!!ridingapred lmao! but anyway... CTATV are you sure about that? cause then why would you need to get ur quad registered?

Old 01-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

I would just go get one of them orange flags and put on your 4 wheeler, and if they pull you over again just tell them you are going to check your cattle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 01-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

cause the state wants to collect 30 bucks every year or two from you. I have never registered it and neither has anybody I know. There used to be a place in tomaston that was privatly owned but open to anybody at this old drive-in movie theater but people started dumping trash so there it went away. yea im sure. We ride on my friend's 500 acres, on land owned by O&G a company with quarries that has lots of land they own and dont use (IBM bought 4000 acres a few towns over that they dont have anything on, powerlines all over the place, nature center property (illegally) Town resevouar land, another friend's 200 acres, and the roads.

Quick Reply: getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road