Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ATV TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004 | 09:28 PM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV TIRES

I'm new to the forum. Hello everyone. I'm looking for info about tires for my 2002 zuki kingquad. I'd like to find some tires that work good for mud and trail. So far I ben checking out the Mud kites-But herd some bad stuff about there sidewalls ? Also thinking about the Titan AT 589 M/T-but herd they sucked in the snow ? These are the size tires i need and if anyone can give me some info-thanks.
Rear- 26*12*12 Front- 25*8*11 Yep thoses are it. I'd love to go all gators, but they dont make the front size. I don't want to miss match tires to cause a problems with gearing stress. 9 inch in the front are to wide-they will rub on tierods.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004 | 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ATV TIRES

my buddy has mudlites (i assume thats what you meant) on his eiger.. and i know alot of 4x4's up here run them... local yamaha shop sells a TON of them... and i havent heard of any problems with em.. i say go for those.. and they are great in the snow.. i know that for a fact.. had plenty of ride time with them on snow.

Old 01-12-2004 | 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TIRES

Hi earltash, welcome to the ATV Connection Forums! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:32 AM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV TIRES

Well thanks for that info. HHHHHMM- seems like i'm getting such miss matched info about these tires. The mud lites. Maybe its just the ones that really beat there machines that are having trouble with the tires and no matter what tire they have they will probly have a problem with the sidewalls???? I do try to avoid hitting things with the sidewalls of my tires so i probly would be allright with them. Now i wonder about how they wear on the trails.Well actually gravel roads. We have to run on old logging roads up here a lot.Maine is just starting to get into the building of trails and working with the snowsledders to try to get into using there trails. What a fight that is. Maybe you can let me know how they wear in that case. Is the rubber compound as hard as, say like the gators. some of my friends have those on there machines and they wear like iron. The little zuki ozark 250 my sis drives has those and it seems like she spins all the time. Its cause she just like to do it.That little thing is a rocket. But it seems litle the tire never shows signs of wear. must be a good compound rubber. Well get back to me on the wear issue.
Thanks- Earl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2004 | 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ATV TIRES

lol.. you are from up here... maine!
i am from brunswick area...
i like the mudlites... and the tires are a 6-ply i belive.. and they shouldnt have much trouble with them popping or anything...
what was it exactly that they were having trouble with?

Old 01-12-2004 | 06:59 PM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV TIRES

They just say sidewalls get punctured easy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2004 | 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ATV TIRES

i dont see how they would... i would get em.. they are a nice tire.
try posting in the polalris forum about just the mudlite tire itself.. i know a few guys got em there.. you could ask them about em.

Old 01-12-2004 | 07:33 PM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV TIRES

I will try that

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TIRES

You're stressing way too much over this. Just buy the Mud Lites and you will be deleriously happy with them. Guaranteed.

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:12 PM
|
Range Rover
Default ATV TIRES

I think your right. But i don't want to buy junk just because i didn't do my homework.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I allways do the homework.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV TIRES