Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2004 Vinson Winch Installation, who has done it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Vinson Winch Installation, who has done it?

I bought me a Warn 2.5 and am about to start the installation. I already have to cables that go to the front of the atv for winch installation that I'm hoping will save me time but is there something I need to do to get juice to these? I put a meter on them and it shows only like .32 on each of them so they are not hot right now. I looked in my owners manual and it didn't say much except that wires are already there to hook up a suzuki winch and to contact the dealer. Hoping maybe someone has installed one of these and could help me out, thx.

Old 03-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

I have the same ATV and had the same WARN winch scenario...
I had some help, so I'll ask my bud how we did that part of the wiring.. ( if we used the prewire or avoided it)
How much out the door ? $6350 for me.. no winch, no financing, no tax in Oregon, and they paid the $100.00 registration / title.

Old 03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

ps, we put the contactor ( the black box) inside the rear storage compartment attached it to the front ( towards the battery) feet forward..

This seems to be the hot ticket...

Old 03-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok, spoke my bud here it is;

1. Those wires run from where the winch mounts to the back near the battry. Take the Contactor " Black box" and mount to the OUTSIDE of the storage box near the battery. All those cables then connect to the contactor and that takes care of most of the wires. ( make sure that the cables from the battery are alos connected to the contactor)

Use the install guide in the winch kit and it shows what's up.

The switch can be mounted real nice and tight on the left handle bar giving you great access with your thumb...

Old 03-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

Finally done. I just went out there and started doing it, figured I could handle it. I found where the two already existing winch wires went to so that made it alot easier. I mounted my contactor on the top of the box in the back and siliconed all the way around it so water won't get underneath it. It was kind of tight getting the wires all to clamp down but I finally got the box back up in there. I ran the battery wires through the hole where the seat snaps down. Found a "key on" hot wire underneath the front fenders and crimped into it and it works like a charm. Once you get to doing it it's not really that bad. Those pre-existing wires are what sort of confused me untill I realized they just went all the way to the back. Thanks for the help, maybe someone can use this as reference for their winch install.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

I put the contactor in the tool holder under the seat-no water problems. It would have gotten beat up by the stuff I put in the rear box. I also thought of mounting it above the rear box,I did not want it outside. The tool kit,mini air compressor,patch kit,first aid kit and tow ribbon all fit in the rear box. The rocker switch is attached to the left brake lever bolt-tucked in next to the kill switch. Only had to use one bracket out of the 3 that warn recomended.Plug for the remote lead goes in front of the headlight ,behind the rack. And this imho-is hotter than the hot ticket-lol

Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

if i were you i would toss the solonoid, all they ever gave me was problem, i went through 2 and, went solonoidless.