Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

problem with neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with neighbors

I mean how far from where you ride is your nieghbors house?

Old 09-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

40-50 feet

Old 09-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I have not read every response so if this has been brought up sorry for the repeat.

If you get to ride on your neighbors property which is a farmer, I take it you live in a rural area. The cops had no beef so I would just enjoy your ride. If your neighbors don't like it then tell them to move to the city. Your never going to please them and they will most likely complain about everything. If your parents are fine with you riding and the cops are fine with then just blow it off. I can not even start my quad to load it into my truck in my neighbor hood.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider

How often do you ride there?

Old 09-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

sometimes ill go 3 times a week somtimes i wont go for a month

Old 09-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

there is 2 ways to fight this. 1 is fire with fire. I live out of city limits, there is like 9 houses within a 1 mile radus. We have this 1 lady that calls the cops for me riding in my own land. We have 5 acres and i can ride there anytime i want. I know its her calling cause the cops have to tell you now. Well there is no louse things were we live anymore, so if she does this, i can turn my speakers up and go down the road. Anyone know what 4 kicker L715's sound like? and 4 kicker 1200.1's1? Well she does and can do jack about it. She has done it 2 times and that was about 2 months ago. My bike is stock and she lives like 1/4 mile from me, no way it can be that loud to her. There is 1 other house of ppl and they just think its funny aS hell.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well I can certainly see why he is upset. As I am writing this some a-hole kids keep riding around the block on an old cr125. I can hear them the thw entire trip around the block(this is a "country" block, not a standard city block) I can tell you after 3 or 4 trips around it gets very old. I shouldn't have to listen to my tv 3/4 of the way up, or yell into the phone so someone can hear me. It is aggravatingly loud, and it has a stock pipe. I can hear it for a whole lot more than 50 feet, and I have all the windows closed.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

well this is 4 stroke and u only hear it for 30 seconds max. i drive away into the woods and am gone for hours. i dont ride around the block. i mean 30 seconds isnt a big deal. and u have to understand kids as well when you are gettin angry at them.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MBrooks420
Well I can certainly see why he is upset. As I am writing this some a-hole kids keep riding around the block on an old cr125. I can hear them the thw entire trip around the block(this is a "country" block, not a standard city block) I can tell you after 3 or 4 trips around it gets very old. I shouldn't have to listen to my tv 3/4 of the way up, or yell into the phone so someone can hear me. It is aggravatingly loud, and it has a stock pipe. I can hear it for a whole lot more than 50 feet, and I have all the windows closed.
Sounds like you need some new insulation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] j/king I understand with a CR125, but if you live in the country its better that the kids are rideing ATV's or D-bikes and not causing trouble.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Does the neighbor have a gas powered lawn mower? I suspect it makes about the same amount of noise.... I don't think that noise is the real issue here... it may be a catalyst, but I am not sure the guy is all there. Do you find him staring out the window at people all the time? Creepy dude... Maybe when they built your house, it was built over a clump of grass he used to enjoy watching grow or something.... people are just weird...

Quick Reply: problem with neighbors