Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any K.Q. owners out there give us a "balanced" review?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any K.Q. owners out there give us a "balanced" review?

O.K....we have heard about the negative first impressions of the K.Q......how about some of you K.Q. owners out there to give us a balanced and informed assesment. I'm like the multitudes who have waited a long time for this...I was blown away by the Vinson but wanted a little more power...naturally...I thought ..."this could be it!"...THANKS...

Old 10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have not ridden one. I have been watching on the forums for reviews a long time. Some BF enthusiasts have posted and stretched the truth. Even griz owners are trying to make their machine look good.

It isn't perfect, but it is the best machine out their now. It isn't the quickest off the line. The reason some people are saying it isn't quick is they are only guaging it by takeoff power. We knew a month ago that that it had less takeoff than a P700, but was quicker in midrange.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hey nyroc...Thanks. I kind of detected in a lot of other threads that there was some "fan" oriented comparisons. That is why I asked for a "balanced" review.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor, you remember that US troops actually threw grenades at other troops before the fighting began?

Well, people that are that far degraded could be in these forums. I think that is where we get some of the funny false rumors.

A true rumor, is a guy rolled a KQ, but he was sliding on gravel and hit asphault while moving side ways.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Tyr
Trailblazer

I think part of the problem is that many Grizz and Brute owners are tired of hearing the
staunchest supporters for the KQ go on and on about how it is the best machine out right
now...many of whom freely admit they have not ridden the KQ yet. That proves a little
disconcerting for a few people. Me personally, I own both a Grizz and a Brute. I am well aware
of the strengths and weakness' of both quads and would never try to push either of them on
anyone.

I have ridden the KQ and could give a decent review concerning what I like about it and don't like
about it. However, nyroc hit upon the problem. It's sort of a darned if I do and darned if I don't
situation. As soon as I say there is something I don't like...out come the crys of, "he's just another
jealous Brute owner!". There is almost a double-standard on some of the forums. Within a week
of the Brute being out, potential KQ buyers were openly criticizing things about the Brute (both
fact and fictional things). Here we are with the situation being reversed and Brute owners posting
about the KQ and a few critiques. These people are quickly labeled as "haters" and jealous.

My best advice for anyone looking at the KQ seriously is to go and ride it for yourself. Being solely
dependent on forum threads and mag reviews is not the way to go with buying a quad...especially
this quad. There are not enough actual owners out there right now to get a good "read" on this
machine.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

TYR...Thanks. Good common sense stuff. I am also looking at the 750 BF...it looks great. What are your comparisons between the 2 machines.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

I bought the a KQ last Friday. By adjusting the shocks to the third setting all around it helps with some of the sqaut. Overall i think this is probably the best all around IRS machine on the market today. It may not have the power of BF however, it does hold its own. After riding the KQ this past sunday i'm glad i went with it. It perfomed excelent in agressive turns and powered out of them with ease. It hanldes much like a Rincon but with way more power out of the turns. I don't drag and can careless about the top speed. I can't compare it to a Twin Peaks or any other bike besides a Grizz and a Rincon.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

I will give a full report when I get back from the GNCC race this weekend. Hopefully it will be a good one.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

If you were happy with your Suzuki Vinson, pastor, I would stick with the KingQuad. You will DEFINITELY experience a power enhancement and save some money in the process by holding off on the Brute Force. Only my opinion. Just as good as the next guy's.