Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ 700 wheel/tire recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ 700 wheel/tire recommendations?

I took delivery of my new KQ(green) this past Saturday. Only have riden about 14mi so far. Increadibly smooth and comfortable ride, but definitely too soft for serious riding. Increased the shock setting two clicks all around and this helped a ton. However, the stock tires still seem to have a lot of roll when cornering. I need a tire/wheel combo that delivers better trail performance without making the ride too harsh and still has the traction I need to pull the dock and boat lift out and pull the ice house through snow. Hopefully, I'm not expecting too much out of one set of tires. Any recommendations?

Old 10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

I'am in the same dilemna as you and I may be going with some GBC mudhogs from Rocky mountain ATV.You might want to go to the Highlifter website,there is alot of info on tires on that forum.Where did ya get your KQ?

Old 10-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

KQ:

Put your eyeballs on the Maxxis Bighorn RADIALS at Maxxis.com.

I've got a set, and they ride/feel great. I put approximately 20 miles on the stock set of Dunlops before I received the Bighorns, and the difference was immediately noticeable. Due to the fact that the BH are radials, the sidewalls are pretty firm, but forgiving.
Also, I bought a set of the ITP C-series Type 4 wheels, and they are pretty slick looking, not to mention lightweight. Check out my pics to get an idea of what the package looks like.

If you like the looks of the set, let me know, and I'll put you in touch with a guy that can probably get you a full set shipped for less than $650.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

a full set for less than 650 isnt a great deal.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

581:

I thought it was fantastic!

1) The best price I could find on BH RADIALS was almost $85 per tire....which equals $340.

2) The best price I could find on the Type 4's was $75 per wheel.....which equals $300.....for a total of $640, not including shipping.

I got my set for $585.....SHIPPED.......and they came mounted and ready to bolt on. The reason I said less than $650 is because I don't know what the KQ tire sizes are, or the lug spacing for the wheels.

A appreciate your input, though.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

Thats a good price,but my buddy has them on his Prairie 650 and I don't want the same set of tires as him,as well as the wheeler for reason of just being different.I would rather have some Bridgestone mudhooks or GBC Mudhogs,but I 'am in search of the best price.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

JT:

Although he doesn't have Bridgestones on the website, Dale from ATV Tires Plus does carry ITP, GBC, KENDA, MAXXIS, and INTERCO tires at really good prices IMHO. And too, he's offering FREE SHIPPING [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] which is always a big plus.

Before anyone out there flames me because I'm plugging ATV Tires Plus........please be aware that I'm just trying to help my fellow riders get a good deal on a product. If there are better deals out there, please feel free to post.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JTGrizzly
I would rather have some Bridgestone mudhooks or GBC Mudhogs,but I 'am in search of the best price.
SPEAKING OF MUDHOOKS........how come nobody has ventured out and bought a set of these yet? I was asking questions about them way back when they were released and nobody had any help at all. They look like a very good Mudlite/Bighorn/Mudrunner competitor in that they both mud and trail ride exceptionally well.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bought my KQ at Cities Edge Powersports in Chaska, MN. $6800, including the winch, plus tax. They also gave 20% off all accessories at time of purchase. Thier initial shipment of six are all gone, not sure when they'll be receiving more.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Range Rover

I'm jealous, still waiting for my green one. Nice looking machine, seems like their selling well. Neighbors are also dying to see it.

Quick Reply: KQ 700 wheel/tire recommendations?