Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Would the Quadzilla be a good stunt Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would the Quadzilla be a good stunt Quad?

The LT 500 is much longer and wider than the 400 in size and has a totally different power band it has gobs of torque but it usually hits pretty hard. Although this could be corrected thrue your pipe, carb and power valve set up.
I personally would go with a big fourstroke because it would be alot easier to control the powerband and they have more low end torque without taking off on you.

Good luck.

Old 11-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend a z. However, if you had to have a 2 stroke for a stunt quad, then the 500 engine would be the one to use because it does have lots a torque at lower rpm's and is more similar to a modern day four stroke in that regard. However, like others already said, the width and length of the chassis are pretty big and I don't think that makes an ideal stunt quad. At 392 lbs, the weight is manageable, but still a little heavier than a z. You could retro fit the 500 engine into a 250 chassis and have a descent stunt quad and an unbeatable race quad, but if you just want a stunt quad, why do all that work when you could start with a z and have a perfect stunt quad already.

Old 11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

All right I've heard about the power and size, Does anyone that has a quadzilla live in Columbus or nearby...
I'd like to see and hear one...

-C-

Old 11-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

i was on my buddies modded out the *** Blaster and was riding a wheelie in the powerband...then i came outta it then grabbed more gas and i never hit the grab bar so fast...then it caught and basically jumped about 2-3 feet in the air and landed on the front tire bending the spindle...i don't think the LT would be better than a Z or a 400EX

Old 11-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rolsmojave3
i was on my buddies modded out the *** Blaster and was riding a wheelie in the powerband...then i came outta it then grabbed more gas and i never hit the grab bar so fast...then it caught and basically jumped about 2-3 feet in the air and landed on the front tire bending the spindle...i don't think the LT would be better than a Z or a 400EX
how would it jump 3 feet in the air, ive landed back on the grabbar many times and it never lifted off the ground an inch.....

Old 11-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

that's what i wonder...we wish we would have gotten it on tape to figure it out...the friend watched me do it too that was the bad part

Old 11-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

thats why i dont let other people ride my quads exspecially jump them and do weelies...

Unless its a hot chick then yea![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

I wouldn't want a 250 as a stunt quad much less a 500. I like stunting on bikes and quads and have a LT250R and I am not brave enough to even ride a wheelie standing on the grab bar. I wouldn't reccomend it because of the peaky powerband. A friend has a LT230 and it isn't that fast but a pretty good stunt quad.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

2 strokes a good for stunts, you just need to know what you are doing, i can ride wheelies on my friends blaster as long as i want, the 400ex is the ultimate wheelie machine tho, that thing will do 2mph wheelies and stoppies like no other.

about friends rideing your quads.

me and my friends switch off, i only let my best friends ride my quads, and only if they have quads. i really dont care when we go riding we usually stop and take breaks and switch up the bikes between people.

Blasters are such fun bikes even when i ride my 400 or buddies warrior, or dirtbikes, you just get on a blaster and have a world of fun, albiet it rides like cr@p, getting on the 400, or my friends DS feels so nice and plush compared to it.

as far as a twitch powerband, i ride wheelies on my rm250 which has tripple the power( dont quote me or say let see numbers- im prolly exagerating) of a lt250r, and you just must know the balance point and where the power comes on, practice is the only way on all the bikes.

v581