Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vision 2004 Frame Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vision 2004 Frame Problem

in all honesty if you look back to the late 80s and the quadracer era, they were very prone to problems, espacially the upper shock mounts....

thats why the bike i plan on racing is HONDA, suzuki is nice, BUT, i dont feel like frame problems all the time, like on my vinny, i mean now that i welded it, AND GUSSETED the frame its great, BUT i shouldnt have been the one doing this! my dealer was like.....ah mabey we could, mabey we cant, gonna have to leave the bike for a few weeks.....untill the rep comes, and tells me it was owner abuse, so i dont go the dealer route on anything! as of now i jump wheelie, and genuinely use it and so far so good, KNOCK on wood....

v581

Old 03-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yup, had a n 03 Auto Vinson and due to back problems can't even ride mine hard. Bike was only about a month old with 100Km's on it. Frame on right side where lower part of A arm joins, twisted and bent causing the bottom of the right front tire to pull in towards the frame and the tire was also pushed back due to the frame bending. Was still on warranty at this time. Took the bike to the dealer, got that, "will have to leave bike here. Rep is coming to look at it." Rep came and although there was absolutelty no marks on any tires, rims, or anywhere else, the Rep said that I must have hit something to cause this. He even stated that it must have hit VERY hard in order to damage the frame like that. I commented that, "ya, hit so hard to bend and twist the frame but yet make no marks on anything else".... Well, goes without saying, they did nothing to help me and said I would have to buy a new frame cause that one couldn't me fixed. The dealer AND the Rep, both also told me, that they have had NO OTHER VINSONS with frame problems...... Nothing like lying through their teeth!!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

well right now i am in arizona, but as soon as i get back im going to call up a few good friends of mine who own the dealer "mainly action sports" in oxford, ME. these are the only 2 people who are just like us.

they are a suzuki, polaris dealer, and these guys are just nice folks! when i had my bad grounding problems and the flashing display ( not relaited to it being replaced already) i came back from riding had the bike on the trailer, and i just happend to stop by, we got talking and they told me go drive it in the shop.

ok- so now i am a customer in a work area - most dealers would be - ILLEGAL- because of insurance. but not these guys. well anyways found the problem, bad shift sensor inside the motor, OHHH GREAT! , that thing i still havent fixed, im not to big on pulling the motor.

actually i got to run, so i will continute what i was saying and my possible solution later, with these people AKA a suzuki dealer.

Kyle