Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Am I the only one that really really likes the new King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one that really really likes the new King Quad?

The good about the new King Quad, and the Brute Force and even the Honda Rincon is competition is what makes others better. It makes you wonder what will be the next great quad and who will make it.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Just got to pick mine up today after signing papers for it 2 weeks ago (got one with updated bearing and also had to wait for throttle recall). What a great quad so far, only played in my yard a little but it feels like a monster, I am comming off a Raptor to this and is feels alot better then I thought it would, just have to get used to IRS. Can't wait to get it in some nasty trails!

Old 04-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

got back late last night from hatfield mccoy like i posted on 3/30. weather really went bad on sat and with a few sick quads (none of which was a zuki) decided to head home. rode the entire rockhouse trail system. mud,hairpin switchbacks,slick rock climbs and some nice smooth sections to open up on. the kq just chewed it up and spit it out. still cant get the grin off my face. first trip with the mudlites, lost a little trail manners, a little bumpier ride and a little engine braking in high (all expected) but for the traction it picked up i have no regrets at all. ive read alot of posts about the kq being a dog off the line which it is if you want to wheelie or drag race. but i had several situations that i would hit a rock or rut and accidently goose the throttle and i was real glad for that little delay and if i needed to power out the old girl could really rock and roll. great trip on a great quad!

Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

Owned a KQ since Feb...very nice machine...goes well in snow and dirt...love it. In the market for another next fall. Utah is a great place to ride!

Old 04-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Range Rover

Razorkq, Maybe Ill see ya up mineral basin area this year. I live right on the cedar hills boarder, but still in P.G. Good to see someone else around here with the king. Let me know if reverse fails and where you take it and Ill do the same.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Kingme...we must be close. I was wondering if I would get a response from you today. We live right on the border of AF and CH. The Murdoch is out our front door. MB is a great place to ride. If you see a black LR Discovery pulling a yellow KQ...that's me. Probably headed to 5 mile pass next Saturday for a while. All service work that I don't do is done by a good friend at Honda/Suzuki of Salt Lake. I hope the R hangs in there...maybe I don't. Anyway, there is another recall dealing w/throttle shaft my friend told me about a few weeks ago that is now showing on the boards. Next time in I guess I will have him fix it. See you sometime I am sure...

Old 04-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

Ya were just about neighbors, Im on 1450 w. If you get the chance, ask your friend if they have done any reverse fixes yet. I dont want to take mine to a dealer for thier first, if mine goes. See ya on the trails.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I also live in ride in Utah. I ride a lot in Stockton but mostly in southern Utah. Mostly around Beaver and Minersville. Where do you ride, I would like to expand my riding areas.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

My favorite places are up American Fork canyon, 5 mile pass (sunshine canyon) and tintic mtns. I also like the scoffield area.