Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What tires do you guys recommend for the New King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires do you guys recommend for the New King Quad?

I feel the same about these stock tires that everyone else does...not good! What do you guys think is a suitable replacement? Thanks...

Old 04-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

A lot of guys I know are dumping thier mud tires and going with radial ATRs. If the mud gets really extreme they are putting on thier normal 589s and mudlites but for trail riding general riding the are staying with the ATRs.

Probably what I'll go with ATRs when I get a new ATV this fall. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up with a set of 589s and a set of ATRs depending on the ground conditions. No matter what ATV I end up getting I'm not taking it off the lot until I get decent tires on it.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Range Rover

highlifter has a new tire out..called the mst...lighter then the 589's and others, a bit heavier then mud lites.... looks like a cool tire. I went 589's because they are hard as nails, tree roots catus, bottles...they will not puncture the tires....But they are heavy! You'll loose some power with them! If you were looking to stay closer to a trail tire..what about the bighorns? They look cool!

Old 04-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider

589s kick a$$ in the mud.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

I was also thinking of swapping out my stock tires. I see a ton of mud lites on ebay with c5 rims. How are the mudlites for basic trail riding/minor rock hills? I live up in massachusetts. Also the stock tires are 25, would putting 27 tires make it a little tippy??

Old 04-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

I don't hit a ton of mud here, ecspecially for the kind of summer that they are predicting. Monzooki...your'e probably in the most familiar terrain. I really need a all terrain type. Any other recommnedations?

Old 04-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Range Rover

have you looked into the bighorn radials...by maxxis? They look like they are a good all around tire that will give you some help in snow or mud. They also are not lite...but my buddy with the lighter "mud-lites" has had three flats already in the rear, and we drive in the same places. That is the only reason I think about heavier tires...tree roots, sharp rocks and such are killers. I'd also look at the badlands tires....they look pretty good. For the wolverine we bought titans...they too are a more all-round tire!

Old 04-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

seenay who do you ride with and where. what machine do you have

Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

i went with the new ML's my only regret is that i didn't go with 27's or 28's i'm thinkin about going with a set of those 28" outlaw MST's the look pretty awesome but so far i've got no complaints with the ML's mud, snow, steep hills they bite very well when i get them to stop spinning i'm still getting used to the power upgrade from my eiger

Old 05-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'm having the dealer swap the 26" MudLites from my Vinson to the KQ today. They do well in all conditions and are very lite but are still a 6-ply tire.

Quick Reply: What tires do you guys recommend for the New King Quad?