Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger killing

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it still blowing smoke? What does your spark plug look like? Make sure your air intake is sealed up and not sucking air. If you have no mods you should be able to run a 125 Kiehen jet easy, 130 will make it smoke black as it is too rich. Snorkled it can run a 130.

Make sure your carb is clean, clean, clean. Take off every part and blow it out with carb cleaner and air if you have a compressor. Blow out every single orifice possible.

Have you polished your seat? Float valve swapped?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reread some of your posts but I cannot see where you stated that you had fully cleaned the carburator. If you haven't yet, stop everything else and clean the carb.

Check your float valve and seat. It would be a safe assumption that the Eiger has sat for a long time so just spend the 5-7 bucks for a new float valve. Then polish the seat with brasso or something similar. I used toothpaste but recently reinspected the seat due to richness issue and saw where it has an indentation still so I used some Mothers Mag polish It worked much better and now it is perfect.

Somewhere something is hanging up either stopping fuel flow or not allowing it to meter properly. I ended up using 2 tallboy cans of carb cleaner on mine.

I would check your petcock too. Just get a 10mm socket and pull it after you drained the tank and inspect the filter screens. If they are wasted the you must install an in-line filter. Or just install one anyway for insurance, it cant hurt and cost < 2 bucks. this will stop any debris from entering the carb in the future.

Have you checked you oil to see if it has fuel in it? Eiger Petcocks are crap. I replaced mine it was leaking as fast as the gas would flow through it. Plus the screens were toast, so all the crap was entering the carb. The PO couldn't get it tuned for a reason.

Keep us posted.