Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

California Red Sticker Issues on my new King Quad..... BAD NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Red Sticker Issues on my new King Quad..... BAD NEWS

Here in Idaho, we need to have liability insurance.
We do not require a windshield. (Just like motorcycles--no windshield required.)

Old 12-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But when you renew in 2 years, there is a good chance it will come back RED!

I have not seen anywhere where they actually enforce the red sticker thing. They were threatening at Pismo a couple of years ago, but never followed through. Most government agencies have very tight budgets, and they just don't have the manpower to enforce trivial things like this. Budget cuts work indirectly to keep "big brother" off our backs!

Old 12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: reconranger
But when you renew in 2 years, there is a good chance it will come back RED!

I have not seen anywhere where they actually enforce the red sticker thing. They were threatening at Pismo a couple of years ago, but never followed through. Most government agencies have very tight budgets, and they just don't have the manpower to enforce trivial things like this. Budget cuts work indirectly to keep "big brother" off our backs!
I agree with you Recon, when I was enforcing our OHV parks, the parks dept. asked us to not enforce the sticker violators. They wanted the entry fees that were being paid. Now, if CARB was out enforcing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] which I have not seen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then the fines were be astronomical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Those boys and girls are worse then fish and game wardens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: rescuediver .........Now, if CARB was out enforcing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] which I have not seen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then the fines were be astronomical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Those boys and girls are worse then fish and game wardens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].........
rescuediver and all,

Does anyone have an idea what are the fines for riding red sticker in green sticker territory [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]