Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No wait... it was $15! On 7/21/08. Going to see if I can find the posts

Old 06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UGLY88

I am watching that 250 shock. I can't tell if it has been painted of if the flash washed it out. I am worried about buying one, getting it and then having to spend lots of money on a rebuild. Anybody know the cost of a shock rebuild?</end quote></div>

I don't know if they're even rebuildable. I'd take the $15 gamble. Wouldn't get in a biddin war though. If it goes too high I'd just keep what I got. And if this quad manages to make it past a summer without slinging a rod thru the case or exploding into flames, I might upgrade to works shocks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Found it. Hard to believe he didn't want that shock for $15!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You sure have a way with mixing colors together... looks good!
thanks. it was my brothers idea for the color combo, i just had to figure out a way for red and black to work together. he wanted OEM black for the frame and the red ended up being so bright when i mixed it that it over powered the black. i actually got to red to glow a bit in the dusk hours like my green that i use. i wish i could get more green. i had some left over from my last build and it was just enough to do what i did, the frame, axle carrier, recoat the tie rods and hubs. the only bad thing is i ran outta hardener.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
thanks. it was my brothers idea for the color combo, i just had to figure out a way for red and black to work together. he wanted OEM black for the frame and the red ended up being so bright when i mixed it that it over powered the black. i actually got to red to glow a bit in the dusk hours like my green that i use. i wish i could get more green. i had some left over from my last build and it was just enough to do what i did, the frame, axle carrier, recoat the tie rods and hubs. the only bad thing is i ran outta hardener.
I've never been too good at making things look good... I do good enough just making them work lol

Old 06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've never been too good at making things look good... I do good enough just making them work lol
i guess i get alitle OCD when i restore these bikes. never really happy til its just right.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
i guess i get alitle OCD when i restore these bikes. never really happy til its just right.
I went thru all kinds of work making it look good and told my buddies I wanted to get pics coz it would never look that good again. Sure enough, 1st trip out the back tire ripped off a big chunk of plastic and had chipped paint everywhere. Next trip I flipped over backwards trying to climb over a big rock and busted the headlight bracket and decomp lever and bent the handle bars. Not to mention all the oil all over from the chain and oil leaking from mag cover. Basically... it looks like a bomb went off next to it and it rolled down the mountain and fell in a big mudhole

Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

I hear that man lol.
Mines looking pretty spiffy
one warning though... NEVER LET A FAT CHICK RIDE ON YOUR QUAD, WHEN I DID MY LEFT REAR PLASTIC BENT BACKWARDS AND CAUGHT ON MY LEFT REAR TIRE THUS BENDING IT BACK GRRRR. IT WAS BECAUSE MY SHOCK IS ENDLESS TOOO AND YEA THAT KINDA BENT IT BUT LUCKILY NEVER BROKE IT
I feel i really need to get some parts. I have been running a stocker now for about 11 months now but convincing my mom i need parts is like chopping off my own arm. She says if it ant broke it doesn't need replaced. Women really don't understand the point of performance parts
And when i try to spend my money i get yelled at for not saving it for a truck. grrr i can't win, but at least schools out now

I would like to get a
-dg exhaust
-new uni airfilter
-new throttle cable (mine loves to stick)(prolly could just oil it but its old so it wouldn't hurt to replace it)
-maybe new twist throttle (not sure yet)(natural born dirtbike rider)
-maybe lt250 front shocks or even lt250 a-arms
-maybe play with sprockets to get more speed and/or acceleration

Work on list
-sand rims down and paint them (i hate the dirty, milky white)
-rip atv apart and paint her correctly

im going to have a busy summer

Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by hunter71495
I hear that man lol.
Mines looking pretty spiffy
one warning though... NEVER LET A FAT CHICK RIDE ON YOUR QUAD, WHEN I DID MY LEFT REAR PLASTIC BENT BACKWARDS AND CAUGHT ON MY LEFT REAR TIRE THUS BENDING IT BACK GRRRR. IT WAS BECAUSE MY SHOCK IS ENDLESS TOOO AND YEA THAT KINDA BENT IT BUT LUCKILY NEVER BROKE IT
I feel i really need to get some parts. I have been running a stocker now for about 11 months now but convincing my mom i need parts is like chopping off my own arm. She says if it ant broke it doesn't need replaced. Women really don't understand the point of performance parts
And when i try to spend my money i get yelled at for not saving it for a truck. grrr i can't win, but at least schools out now

I would like to get a
-dg exhaust
-new uni airfilter
-new throttle cable (mine loves to stick)(prolly could just oil it but its old so it wouldn't hurt to replace it)
-maybe new twist throttle (not sure yet)(natural born dirtbike rider)
-maybe lt250 front shocks or even lt250 a-arms
-maybe play with sprockets to get more speed and/or acceleration

Work on list
-sand rims down and paint them (i hate the dirty, milky white)
-rip atv apart and paint her correctly

im going to have a busy summer
If your gonna do some painting duplicolor makes wheel paint its pretty amazing stuff its in a spray can holds up just as good as real car paint my frame, and a arms were done with it only 8 bucks a can

Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bicycle cable makes a good throttle cable for a few bucks

And fat chicks... they don't ride on anything of mine

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

Im likin the pulicolor spray paint idea. Also does anyone have any ideas on cleaning up scratching plastics. Such as sanding them down and such, detailed instructions are prefered

i would use bike cable if i apposultly needed to but, i will just get a throttle cable offa rocky mtn or something offa the vault. btw i love the vault links very helpful

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.