Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just re-read my post and realized i meant to say good price for the buyer... not seller... whoops! anyways, yes, i did need the 4x4, too many of our trails around here are rutted up by the big 4x4s and i got tired of gettin off the QS and picking it up out of the muddy ruts when it bottomed out lol. It always kept up until that point. In the dry parts it was hard to beat though, until my hand got tired from clutching... call me soft haha

Ive got a creek behind my house that i plan on cutting some trails through, so the 4x4 will be nice in there as well

Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well about all i've been able to accomplish on mine was order a new crossbar pad haven't even had any time to ride

Name:  DSCF1379.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  42.9 KB

Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I just purchased some 22X7X10 ITP Holeshot H-D front tires and aluminum rims! These are going to great with my rear 20" itp holeshots on aluminum rims. I decided not to change the front bolt pattern since I got these cheap. I bought probably close to 600-700 worth of tires and rims for about $275, not bad. This quadsport should be pretty sick. The westcoast swingarm is coming along great, its going to have 4 needle bearings in it instead of 2. Durablue rear axle. Brand new bearings all around. +1.5" per side front a-arms. Lt250s engine with a new engine in the process of being built with all polished cases. Watch ebay guys, I'm going to be selling multiple polished cases in the next couple months, best auctioner will win them. I believe I will have two sets of left side cases to sell that are polished and one set of inner cases to sell that are polished. I'm sick of having all the extras, so in spare time I like to polish them and sell them, its a hobby.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Guys please help me figure out my no fire problem. I put a new primary coil in it instead of replacing the whole stator. The most volts I have gotten from it is 9v shouldn't it be 12?? I just got this quad 2 weeks ago from my buddy for free. Could the magneto be bad? Please help.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone have a cdi for sale?

Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There aren't any on ebay? I've never seen a cdi go bad. The coils in the magneto go bad after 25yrs, but the cdi's seem pretty durable.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

Randy, I replaced the coil in the magneto and now getting 12v coming out. Before I wasn't getting anything.. I checked the connectors going to the coil while turning it over and I am getting absolutely nothing from it.. And I checked the ground that's good. It has to be the cdi I would think.. And yeah eBay has some I am on a tight budget can't afford $100 for one right now.. My birthday is on the 31st and was hoping to ride it by then.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I remember when I replaced my mag coil I wasn't getting anything either. Then I read the directions and it said to try turning the leads around. That fixed it.

Are you sure its supposed to be 12v? AC voltage should be coming out and before its regulated, I would guess higher than that. Are you measuring DC or AC voltage?

What is a fair price for one? I can ask around.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I remember when I replaced my mag coil I wasn't getting anything either. Then I read the directions and it said to try turning the leads around. That fixed it.

Are you sure its supposed to be 12v? AC voltage should be coming out and before its regulated, I would guess higher than that. Are you measuring DC or AC voltage?

What is a fair price for one? I can ask around.

I was measuring in DC. I also thought it should've been getting more than 12v. I'm not sure tho. The cheapest I have seen one on eBay is $79. For the cdi that is.

Its a big pain but the quad was free. It sat outside in the weather for ten years so I have been having to replace a lot of parts. The motor itself has been completely been rebuilt with less than an hour on it. I took the carb apart to clean it and left the float at my buddy's house and his dad threw it away didn't know what it was for.. That's another 30 bucks haha..

But thanks for the help I would love to ride it.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What mag coil did you get? What brand? Did any papers come with it? Did you look at the paper? I installed mine like it came out, then it didn't work, so I looked at the paper and it said if it didn't work, to flip the wires around. It worked after that.

Unless you just hooked something up wrong and fried it, I've never heard of a cdi going bad. Especially just sittin around. Coils get hot and the enamel cracks and causes a short. Cdi's just sit there nice n cool.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.