Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

Yeah I really like the 20's but I still want to get the rear sprocket and rear brake rotor skid protectors for those ooopsie moments on the trails.

mjlar94 we still need those photos!</end quote></div>

Mine didnt come with the rear caliper. Maybe one day I'll get one, but not really that big of a deal. So, I just took off the rotor and the rest of the rear brake stuff and made a skid plate out of angle iron to protect the sprocket only. A skid plate is a must have for sure!</end quote></div>

How do you ride without rear freakin breaks????!!!

Either you ride like a grandma, or your nutz are huge!!??? I ride like a bat straight out of hell, and i use the fronts maybe 10% of the time, and most of that in the air!!! Man Randall, you must have skillz I have never thought about!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mjlar94

I need a damn filter, I put the spankin new 28 on it and forgot to check the damn filter condition. Looks like rotted foam..

First real snow today in Central MA, and i cant ride the damn thing.</end quote></div>

MA, as in New England, as in, Mass(yes I am to dumb to spell it), as in Patriots?? God I hate your part of the country right now!! Love ya for your 230 additction, but I hope my Steelers wipe the floor with you on Sunday!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I dont run rear brakes either! pads last 3 rides ! We got like 4 inches and we tore it up like no tomorrow! I run 22 inch tires and love them! hardly ever get stuck and always go thru the stuff the 400ex just gets stuck

Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I need a damn filter, I put the spankin new 28 on it and forgot to check the damn filter condition. Looks like rotted foam..

First real snow today in Central MA, and i cant ride the damn thing.</end quote></div>

MA, as in New England, as in, Mass(yes I am to dumb to spell it), as in Patriots?? God I hate your part of the country right now!! Love ya for your 230 additction, but I hope my Steelers wipe the floor with you on Sunday!</end quote></div>

Ummmm....Yeah Steelers are going to get stomped, the Pats will have a perfect season, and the world will keep turning.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

MA, as in New England, as in, Mass(yes I am to dumb to spell it), as in Patriots?? God I hate your part of the country right now!! Love ya for your 230 additction, but I hope my Steelers wipe the floor with you on Sunday!</end quote></div>

Ummmm....Yeah Steelers are going to get stomped, the Pats will have a perfect season, and the world will keep turning.[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Got a temporary filter rigged up and took her for a spin.. Awsome! but it feels too much like a snow mobile with the short gears. If i want my gearing to be close to where I was with the 25in tire, what size sprocket do I need? The trail wolfs are 20's and grip waaaaaaaa.......y harder.

Ya. The pats always win..heheheh..

Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

How do you ride without rear freakin breaks????!!!

Either you ride like a grandma, or your nutz are huge!!??? I ride like a bat straight out of hell, and i use the fronts maybe 10% of the time, and most of that in the air!!! Man Randall, you must have skillz I have never thought about!!![img][/img]</end quote></div>

No big deal to me. I just downshift to slow down (along with the front brakes) and that way I'm always in the right gear. That engine will slow you down fast even with no brakes at all!

I don't do any freaky jumping or anything, but you'd play hell to keep up with me in the trails (well, maybe not YOU, but most guys I think). Front brakes do 2/3 or the braking anyway. My buddy that has the 250 has been on me for a while to get rear brakes... I just don't really care that much if I have them or not. And when I ride his I make an effort not to use the back brakes so when I switch back I won't be looking for them, lol.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

mjlar, tell me what gears you have now and what tire size you have now and then what tire size you want to go to. I'll figure the speed in each gear for each size tire for you. I already have it all in excell, so its easy.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ok mjlar, I just took it for a ride.... It appears the new magneto didn't do anything to my jetting. I got it nice n warm, pulled into the garage, got the small flathead screwdriver, turned the air screw in some and it started to idle down,,,, and the more I turn it out the faster the idle goes. I think I have about 4 turns out now. I'm going to try a 12.5 jet and see.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Update on the tires.... I am surprised at how well they slide. When they first arrived I was thinking there were just too many ***** for it to slide easy, but apparently I was wrong. Like everybody said, they hook very very well going straight and they kick out to the side anytime you want. The only bad thing so far is after about 180 degrees of sliding they seem to want to grab and bicycle. Donuts are hard to do now, but sliding around curves are almost too easy. Don't think you will rev up n dump in 1st either,,, you'll land on your ***. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the tires and I'm hoping as they wear I'll be able to do donuts easier. Gotta get those sharp edges off the *****.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Just got back from about a 60mile ride by the Rubicon trail (talk about rock crawlin, Randy!) 2 1/2 feet of fresh powder, bout 23 degrees! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] BRRRRRRRR!!!!
But what a beautiful day! 100 mile visibility, waterfalls, deer, If you guys haven't ever been to the Lake Tahoe area, you must go....

First snow ride on the 400ex, and I don't know if it is too heavy or what, but the 230 is better in the snow!

I need to stop makin excuses, though hard this time of year, and git er done!

I'm gonna head up to harbor freight right now and get one of those propane heaters for the the garage then I'll have one less excuse, maybe...

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.