Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Not takin quads, won't help on the ocean, plus they'd be hard to pack in the overhead compartment!! Got tons of steel, tons of ideas, just have to buy the welder and practice...
Funny, bout a year ago bent up some steel for heel guards on the scooter, still sittin in pieces waiting for heat to join em!! My flaky brother said he would do, yeh right!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris uses KTM engines, the KTM is is ALL KTM.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

My wife just reemed my azz! Said if I'd stop typing with "those azzholes" and start wrenchin, she could have her garage back!!!!

God I love that woman!

Forget quadzilla, hook up with a redhead....... I aint scared........

Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Not takin quads, won't help on the ocean, plus they'd be hard to pack in the overhead compartment!! Got tons of steel, tons of ideas, just have to buy the welder and practice...

Funny, bout a year ago bent up some steel for heel guards on the scooter, still sittin in pieces waiting for heat to join em!! My flaky brother said he would do, yeh right!</end quote></div>

LMAO.... yeah, the fit might be a little tight....

Once you start welding you'll wonder how you got along without it.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My wife just reemed my azz! Said if I'd stop typing with "those azzholes" and start wrenchin, she could have her garage back!!!!

God I love that woman!

Forget quadzilla, hook up with a redhead....... I aint scared........</end quote></div>

I get the same treatment here. Blondes not much different, lol. Only difference is the garage is mine and she rarely sets foot in it - too cold, dirty, n boring.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

And now is the time when PG gets all sentimental.............

Thank you all for your input and knowledge.....

I'd be done by now if it weren't for ya all!! Everytime I think i am ready to finish er up, you guys give me another thing to think about.. not a complaint, but a THANK YOU!!! If I didn't have other things to ride (redhead included[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) I'd have lost it long ago.

I talk LESS to people I actually know, than I do with ya all. (swimmingpools get REAL old when you have been in it since 6 years old)

Once again, THANK YOU ALL!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Sounds like the 400 arms are the way to go then. I'm sure you can make them work. You know you will have to use the whole 400 front end right? The hubs, balljoints, rims n all. Will your new rims fit the 400 hub?

Maybe you could get a 5x8 trailer and sell the one you have? They are pretty common around here for about $500 in new condition. You should be able to get at least something to offset that cost by selling your trailer that is, for some reason, an odd size. My 230 fits perfectly in the back of my Ranger. Its like the truck was made to carry that quad. Hook the 5x8 up and can carry 2 more quads.

Hmm... I don't know if the polaris and the KTM are the same. I just heard the KTM is race ready. You don't have to upgrade anything. Just jump on and race. Right down to the tires! I've only seen pics of it online, but yeah, it looks really nice.

I thought about new rear hubs, but was too lazy to figure out what will fit my axle. And then having to shell out the loot for something extra that I really didn't "need".

Yeah,,,, I'd take the whole r450 too. [img][/img] But I really love that frame especially [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yep I'll have to go with the whole front end of the 400, and my rims are only 3 months old and have the 4/166 pattern so to match the back ones I will have to buy another set of Douglas red labels (.190) and sell the current ones along with the billet wheel spacers, hopefully enough to offset the cost of a new front end.

I have been wanting to get a bigger trailer because my stepson when he comes brings his 4 wheeler and I want to get my 4 year old a 50 or a 70 so would need a bigger trailer to handle all that anyway but all this kinda stuff is going to have to wait until the holidays are over or the wife will have my head on a platter.

Polaris uses KTM engines, the KTM is is ALL KTM.</end quote></div>

I knew they had some similarities but wasn't sure on exactly what, I watched a video of the new KTM on thier website a couple months ago with one of the guys at work and he said he would buy it until he saw the 9k price tag lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The fun's in the building. Once built it just something else to take up space in the garage, lol. Design it, build it, implement it, park it,,, next!?!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

The fun's in the building. Once built it just something else to take up space in the garage, lol. Design it, build it, implement it, park it,,, next!?!</end quote></div>

Got a line on a '49 merc, '69 camero, '68? 23 window VW bus.. SHHHHH!!! Don't tell Red!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Kinda leanin towards the Merc, ftalhead V8's are easy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's just the chopping, and channeling that intimidate me...

Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I forgot to mention the bolt pattern for the hubs on a 400ex is 4/144. And I have to agree I don't "really" ever finish this quad just keep adding things, btw I have done a little beautification to it right now, it's in a million pieces and will be putting it back together very soon and putting up new pictures and then I will tell you all what I did, pretty exciting tho. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.