Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Randy was looking at this one yesterday..Cheaper.. Which scares me.

http://www.homedepot.com/webap...53&productId=100039229</end quote></div>

This one, from home depot, is the best so far. It will weld 1/4 steel. That's the thickest yet. Has more settings and is 100amps. It comes with everything you need too. And a good name brand. Should last forever.</end quote></div>

Cool, I thought it looked good, gonna pick it up today! Thank you very much!

Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hadaveha

http://www.scorpioncoatings.com/colors.asp

</a>
this company makes it in a bunch of colors i was thinking of the yellow on my plastics</end quote></div>

If it sticks as good as Herculiner then should be great.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hadaveha

this company allso has alot of colors and they make it in a smooth formula not sure how it would work http://www.nonslipcoating.com/automotive.htm</end quote></div>

This isn't as textured as Herculiner but seems to be some pretty good stuff, well based off the price anyway basically cost the same as Herculiner.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello, im new here and have read lots of topics on the old 230S. I have that would make most here laugh at me but hey it works. I bought it for $10 with no bodywork and not running. It had a bent intake valve from a worn cam drive chain that I replaced, cam chain as well and then just rode it for some time. It smoked a bit but ran fair. I went to my junk pile and with a bit of drilling and welding mounted a tank and seat from a old Kawasaki KLT110. Ugly yes but functional I suppose. I finally got tired of the smoking and added a overbore wiseco piston and did a bit of porting on the head. A new hotcam, mikuini TM32mm carb, pod filter, and a cheapy cobra exhaust sit on my table awaiting installation. Also learned the hard way about the chain smackin the mag cover so a new mag cover sits in waiting as well. I should have the jug bored and the motor put back together early next week and then will try to dial in the new carb. I live in far west Tx in a remote location 25 miles from the nearest convience store so looks are not too important to me, heck all my others are old honda 200S's and yamaha tri-moto's, none with any type of suspension besides the front forks so this one is the most advanced vehicle in my stable to say the least. I will post a picture of the monstrosity eventually for everyone to laugh at, just happy others are willing to spend their time and money on the same addiction.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

bprewit.... you sound like me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] "I went to my junk pile and with a bit of drilling and welding mounted a.... " [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Need to do your a-arms next! I used 3.25 inch wrist pins for a 460 ford to lengthen my arms. Steel doesn't get much stronger than that!

Don't worry, you'll get to the "looks" part once you start having fun on it. That 68x67mm engine is addicting. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You should get a chain tensioner to prevent smashing your new mag cover. http://www.jlatvproducts.com/M...LAP&Product_Code=CT99

I wish you the best with the 32mm carb! Seems like everybody that touches the TM28 is sentenced to months of headscratching n nailbiting... I'd run if I saw a 32. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bprewit

Hello, im new here and have read lots of topics on the old 230S. I have that would make most here laugh at me but hey it works. I bought it for $10 with no bodywork and not running. It had a bent intake valve from a worn cam drive chain that I replaced, cam chain as well and then just rode it for some time. It smoked a bit but ran fair. I went to my junk pile and with a bit of drilling and welding mounted a tank and seat from a old Kawasaki KLT110. Ugly yes but functional I suppose. I finally got tired of the smoking and added a overbore wiseco piston and did a bit of porting on the head. A new hotcam, mikuini TM32mm carb, pod filter, and a cheapy cobra exhaust sit on my table awaiting installation. Also learned the hard way about the chain smackin the mag cover so a new mag cover sits in waiting as well. I should have the jug bored and the motor put back together early next week and then will try to dial in the new carb. I live in far west Tx in a remote location 25 miles from the nearest convience store so looks are not too important to me, heck all my others are old honda 200S's and yamaha tri-moto's, none with any type of suspension besides the front forks so this one is the most advanced vehicle in my stable to say the least. I will post a picture of the monstrosity eventually for everyone to laugh at, just happy others are willing to spend their time and money on the same addiction.</end quote></div>

Go with what makes you happy, that's what it's all about! We all restore these quads for one reason or another but you have to love doing it or you will go nuts. Making the quaud "pretty", is a nicety not a must have. A pretty 230 that doesn't run doesn't do anyone much good. That is something if you feel the need later on can be fairly cheaply done over time. Anyway congrats on your ownership of a 230 and welcome to the forums!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I dont know if you guys are interested, but.... This is what I was doing today... http://forums.atvconnection.co...id=532413&startpage=1

Note the pics.

See? Utilities can be fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

Has anyone bought yellow plastics with blue accessories (seat, hood, shock covers, frame, etc.)?

I have been thinking about yellow for when i buy new plastics. I want to go for the classic suzuki look with the yellow and blue and i was wondering if anyone has down this and if they had pictures. I would appreciate being able to see what this will look like before i dish out 200+ dollars on plastics.

Also, who has bored their 230 to a 260 or 273 and where did you find the kit? Did you have to do anything with your crank and if so where and what did you do?

Thanks in advance :]

Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

I dont know if you guys are interested, but.... This is what I was doing today... <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=532413&startpage= 1
">http://forums.atvconnection.co...413&startpage=1
</a>

Note the pics.

See? Utilities can be fun. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

That is what I call makeing work into fun!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.