Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

WTH? How to Fold a Towel Monkey

http://www.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Towel-Monkey

Was at the top of gmail.... Had to look... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

decked the cylinder, not the piston. doesn't affect the head and valve clearance or the CC, just raises the compression

Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. The dealer I was working with and I contacted W.B. directly. It was there opinion that anything larger than the 28mm was just a flooding (leg weakener) machine waitng for someone to try it. That was 2003. W.B. put this kit together for me. In 03 the 230 was 15 years old and they were dropping the line. They had done extensive testing and found that this combo worked very well. I can send pics of the parts and pices of the kit to the "un-convinced" if need be.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

BigMc, while your here... I remember waaaay back in the thread you was saying you talked to somebody that said a 28mm was plenty of carb and a 32mm would be too big... You remember who it was?</end quote></div>

Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MalHombre

decked the cylinder, not the piston. doesn't affect the head and valve clearance or the CC, just raises the compression</end quote></div>

What do you mean? You brought the flat part of the piston level with the top of the jug, right?

I checked mine with the 67.5 piston. It was .002 in front and .010 in back. My rod small end is egg shaped.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

Yep. The dealer I was working with and I contacted W.B. directly. It was there opinion that anything larger than the 28mm was just a flooding (leg weakener) machine waitng for someone to try it. That was 2003. W.B. put this kit together for me. In 03 the 230 was 15 years old and they were dropping the line. They had done extensive testing and found that this combo worked very well. I can send pics of the parts and pices of the kit to the "un-convinced" if need be.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

BigMc, while your here... I remember waaaay back in the thread you was saying you talked to somebody that said a 28mm was plenty of carb and a 32mm would be too big... You remember who it was?</end quote></div></end quote></div>

I'll never be one to turn down info. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But the flooding part doesn't make sense to me. A bigger carb should be leaner, not flood out on you. Put a carb the size of a garage door and you'll never get a drop of gas out of any size jet,,, even if the jet was the size of a man hole cover. Same thing in reverse... If the carb is too small, you'll get too much gas because the vacuum at the jet will be higher.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, eyes r crossing now... Spent the day laying block for that garage n I just stuffed myself on dinner/lunch/breakfast all-n-one... If history is any guide, I'll be back in a few hrs. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with ya. a 32mm carb will not work on a stock 230 head. frankly, i'm surprised you can run a 28 w/ 200+ main jets and not drown the motor! the intake port has to be severely re-routed to make the 32 work. not cheap but well worth it.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
BigMc

Maybe I should reiterate, what was discussed was that the 32mm would be too much carb for the 230. Whether it flooded the motor or starved it for the liquid dino. really depends on the tunning. But just for sake of argument, what is the smallest cc the FACTORY installs on a 300 ish [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] engine? And considering the stock 230 carb size.......How much bigger a cc do you need to go to install a 32mm?<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

BigMc, while your here... I remember waaaay back in the thread you was saying you talked to somebody that said a 28mm was plenty of carb and a 32mm would be too big... You remember who it was?</end quote></div></end quote></div>

I'll never be one to turn down info. [img][/img]

But the flooding part doesn't make sense to me. A bigger carb should be leaner, not flood out on you. Put a carb the size of a garage door and you'll never get a drop of gas out of any size jet,,, even if the jet was the size of a man hole cover. Same thing in reverse... If the carb is too small, you'll get too much gas because the vacuum at the jet will be higher.</end quote></div>

Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
BigMc

GOSPEL!!!<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MalHombre

i agree with ya. a 32mm carb will not work on a stock 230 head. frankly, i'm surprised you can run a 28 w/ 200+ main jets and not drown the motor! the intake port has to be severely re-routed to make the 32 work. not cheap but well worth it.</end quote></div>

Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

ya gotta understand here, i'm a retard when it comes to all this so i had it done for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
he decked the cylinder just a lttle bit. made sure it was true then honed another .00001 off to help in the hunt for HP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.