Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

well poolgod while you're on a tear.. I blame the lawers!! everyones out to make money off everyone else. People who sue the landowner when they do something dumb on their quad. My grandfather has to chain off the entrances to the trails because he's afraid (and rightfully so) that someone will will go in there and hurt themselves and turn around and sue him. That's why that Minooka Park has all the bs rules. Someone rides without a helmet and cracks their head open and sues the park. Same with riding with someone on the back.. they fall off and sue the park. I dont see how you can ride very far with two people anyway. I had my girlfriend on the back of mine and couldn't keep the front wheels down. and no she's not fat lol. maybe i need that swingarm weld job done lol

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230
Yeah, I am on a tear............... Who else can I **** off??</end quote></div>

Go over in the some of those "other" forums here and mess with some of those "rollbars". They get their panties in a wad real easy!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

. ALL ATV RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR DOT APPROVED HELMETS
AND PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT.

I don't wear helmets unless I'm racing or something. You're twice as likely to die in your truck driving to the place than you are riding the atv once there (unless you're PoolGod, lol). You don't wear a helmet in your truck, do ya? I'm kinda fanatical about helmet laws! Let those who ride decide!

"Been there wrecked that", is on ALL of my vehicles, cause I have............

When I was younger it didn't hurt NEAR as much, now I look like freekin iron man when I go riding!! Good flick btw! You name it as far as protection goes, I wear it!

I probably could have raced a lot longer if I'd have worn that crap when I practiced back in the day! But then again,,, would I have the hindsight/knowledge I have now?? I might not be the ***** I am if it weren't for those experiences![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Let me stay off subject............... exactly 1 month from today I will be in Alaska catching fish that weigh more than my beloved 230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a "hell Ya!"???? Amen

Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

Didnt expect such a negative reaction to an info. bit. Guess I expected to much.

</end quote></div>

You got me all wrong, lol. My reaction isn't negative.... Its the rules that are negative. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If they're ok by you, then ok. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't wear helmets unless I'm racing or something. You're twice as likely to die in your truck driving to the place than you are riding the atv once there (unless you're PoolGod, lol). You don't wear a helmet in your truck, do ya? I'm kinda fanatical about helmet laws! Let those who ride decide!

When I was younger it didn't hurt NEAR as much, now I look like freekin iron man when I go riding!! Good flick btw! You name it as far as protection goes, I wear it!

I probably could have raced a lot longer if I'd have worn that crap when I practiced back in the day! But then again,,, would I have the hindsight/knowledge I have now?? I might not be the ***** I am if it weren't for those experiences![img][/img]

Let me stay off subject............... exactly 1 month from today I will be in Alaska catching fish that weigh more than my beloved 230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a "hell Ya!"???? Amen</end quote></div>

Before I say "hell ya! Amen!" Let me just add that I'm not saying if anyone should or shouldn't wear a helmet. I'm just saying it shouldn't be a law or rule. Everybody should be able to make up their own minds.

Now.... Hell ya! Amen! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bd99

well poolgod while you're on a tear.. I blame the lawers!! everyones out to make money off everyone else. People who sue the landowner when they do something dumb on their quad. My grandfather has to chain off the entrances to the trails because he's afraid (and rightfully so) that someone will will go in there and hurt themselves and turn around and sue him. That's why that Minooka Park has all the bs rules. Someone rides without a helmet and cracks their head open and sues the park. Same with riding with someone on the back.. they fall off and sue the park. I dont see how you can ride very far with two people anyway. I had my girlfriend on the back of mine and couldn't keep the front wheels down. and no she's not fat lol. maybe i need that swingarm weld job done lol</end quote></div>

I hear ya.. I am in a legal thing at the moment... Long story short, I defended my property....................... Looks like I will win.. For once, lawyers will be helping me out (cause of my boss)! Heck, I might actually get "restitution", however you spell it, from this thing![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Shakespear... "kill the lawyers"

Old 05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

I probably could have raced a lot longer if I'd have worn that crap when I practiced back in the day! But then again,,, would I have the hindsight/knowledge I have now?? I might not be the ***** I am if it weren't for those experiences![IMG][/IMG]

Can I get a "hell Ya!"???? Amen</end quote></div>

Before I say "hell ya! Amen!" Let me just add that I'm not saying if anyone should or shouldn't wear a helmet. I'm just saying it shouldn't be a law or rule. Everybody should be able to make up their own minds.

Now.... Hell ya! Amen! [IMG]i/expressions/beer.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

WORD!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Here's the rules I'm used to http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/ohv-rules.htm

Here's the homepage http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/index.htm

Windy Gap is my favorite place. http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/windy-gap.shtml It says 4 miles, but I can ride all day and still not make it to the end.... So, I have no clue how long it really is. I've been up there many times and still haven't been everywhere.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bd99

well poolgod while you're on a tear.. I blame the lawers!! everyones out to make money off everyone else. People who sue the landowner when they do something dumb on their quad. My grandfather has to chain off the entrances to the trails because he's afraid (and rightfully so) that someone will will go in there and hurt themselves and turn around and sue him. That's why that Minooka Park has all the bs rules. Someone rides without a helmet and cracks their head open and sues the park. Same with riding with someone on the back.. they fall off and sue the park. I dont see how you can ride very far with two people anyway. I had my girlfriend on the back of mine and couldn't keep the front wheels down. and no she's not fat lol. maybe i need that swingarm weld job done lol</end quote></div>

Actually, the rules don't do anything except MAYBE protect them IF a person gets injured and didn't have a helmet. Even if you had a helmet, what if you broke your finger? Does a helmet protect that? You can sue for anything. ANYTHING you want. Its your money. Sue because you had fun if you want.

Furthermore, you can't even be protected if you make a person sign a waiver. In fact, there is no way to be safe from a lawsuit if someone rides on your land. Period. I have friends that I met in 6th grade (I'm 35 btw) that come over and bring their kids and I KNOW they would never sue me. But it doesn't matter because their insurance companies could sue me if they wanted to. I could make my good friends sign waivers and wear helmets, but if I had a tree that fell across a trail and one of the kids didn't know it, its my fault if they get injured and I have to pay. Regardless of helmets, waivers,,,, whatever. The best policy is not to let anyone ride on your land and to put up no trespassing signs every 50ft and hope for the best. Otherwise, you might as well be a nice guy and let people do whatever because you'll end up handing the deed over anyway and you'll need some friends, lol.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

3 wheeled atvs are not allowed???

read... If you have no offroad skills, don't ride here.....

That is my biggest problem with ATV's, zero ***** required....... When I raced on 2 wheels, we had *****, we messed around on 3 wheels on the weekwnds, with *****.........2 stroke quads came after that... Now people that can barely drive a car leagally, bitch about how "dangerous" an atv is??

Hell yea it is dangerous!

Have some personal responsibility!!! You might die riding offroad, get over it!!!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.