Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

All you guys are lucky! CT is gotta be one of the worst places to own an atv. there isnt a legal place for me to ride within an hour of me other than my house. There are several state parks that bikes and sleds are allowed but nowhere for atv's, yet they expect you register them, well wtf why register it if we cant ride it lol. I was told by some grumpy MDC cop that I need to be registered to ride at one of my buddys houses because its not my residence. needless to say, im not registered lol. Luckily for me though my grandparents own 30 acres behind me so i can ride there. Most of its swamp though, hence the overaggressive tires. Ive gotten to know the cops pretty well too from neighbors calling them on me lol

Oh and now we got DEP all over the property as well thanks to the dumbass oil delivery guy heating-oil-spill-in-canton-mo...an-initially-suspected

Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bd99

All you guys are lucky! CT is gotta be one of the worst places to own an atv. there isnt a legal place for me to ride within an hour of me other than my house. There are several state parks that bikes and sleds are allowed but nowhere for atv's, yet they expect you register them, well wtf why register it if we cant ride it lol. I was told by some grumpy MDC cop that I need to be registered to ride at one of my buddys houses because its not my residence. needless to say, im not registered lol. Luckily for me though my grandparents own 30 acres behind me so i can ride there. Most of its swamp though, hence the overaggressive tires. Ive gotten to know the cops pretty well too from neighbors calling them on me lol</end quote></div>

Dude, that sux! Your/Our govt is taking all your freedoms a lil ata time.. Our founding fathers are doing back flips in their graves.. That is the reason we are having the bikini car wash I sent the link to above........ That, and it will be awesome to have young hotties crawling all over my vehicles!! Heh, Heh, that would be cool!!! But there will be some ugly bi@tches probably protesting it and trying to pass a law against such a thing............

Freedom is for people that have earned it and/or appreciate the sacrafices made to obtain it.. Most of the populace take it for granted, and have no problem giving a lil away because they have never had it so good....

Those that give up essential freedom for temporary security, deserve neither!!

I may have butchered the quote, but you get the point.

It may be to late, but stand up for freedom!!!!

absolute power (government) corrupts absolutly!!

We are no longer a country by the people for the people..

We are now run by career politicions that have never worked a day in their life..

WE pay for their car, their gas, their plane rides, their campainges, WE pay for them to enjoy the freedoms THEY take away from us, and chastise us for it..............

Sorry to vent on ya all, Uh 230's rule!!!

Sorry also for all the bad spelling, tend to go cave man when I am passionate...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer

amen dude amen, couldnt say it better. and hell ya 230's rule!

And still haven't heard from the guy i bought the carb from, kinda gettin impatient. think i might be sending him an email to see whats going on

Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

. ALL ATV RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR DOT APPROVED HELMETS
AND PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT.

I don't wear helmets unless I'm racing or something. You're twice as likely to die in your truck driving to the place than you are riding the atv once there (unless you're PoolGod, lol). You don't wear a helmet in your truck, do ya? I'm kinda fanatical about helmet laws! Let those who ride decide!

. RIDING DOUBLE IS PROHIBITED UNLESS VEHICLE IS DESIGNED AND
BUILT FOR SUCH USE. REGARDLESS OF AGE.

Not a big deal, but I don't understand why they care? Last time my cousin was down we only had 2 running atvs. So, me and the ole lady ganged up on a 230 and my cousin had the 250ex and we spent the day riding in the mountains. Its pretty normal to find people riding doggie style around here. ...and almost no one wears a helmet unless they never heard of an atv before 2005 or so,,, and even then its rare for them to have a helmet on. Dirt bike riders wear full gear though... Go figure.

. THREE WHEELED ATV'S ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Why not?

. VEHICLES 50 INCHES IN WIDTH AND SMALLER ARE PERMITTED ON
TRAILS. THOSE VEHICLES WIDER THAN 50 INCHES ARE PROHIBITED
FROM USING ATV TRAILS OR ALL OTHER OFF ROAD TRAVEL.

BigMc, you just barely made the cut there! My goodness.... They have a rule for everything.

. NO VEHICLE ALLOWED THAT EMITS A NOISE LEVEL IN EXCESS OF:
(99) DECIBELS AT TWENTY INCHES FROM THE EXHAUST AT A 45
DEGREE ANGLE AS OUTLINED IN THE OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLE
AND ATV STATIONARY SOUND TEST MANUAL.

99dB is NOT loud. Most speakers have 95-100db @ 1watt measured 1 meter away! That's 1 watt!!! My drunkass friends talk louder than 99db most of the time, lol. http://condor.admin.ccny.cuny.edu/~ms6785/page4.html

. ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR THE PARK ISSUED WRISTBAND FOR
IDENTIFICATION AND STOP WHEN SIGNALED BY A PARK RANGER OR
PARK STAFF MEMBER.

Oh good grief. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

On top of it, the general park rules say, no beer, no smoking except at some far away location probably, no camp fires or anything, no swimming,,,, and then there are the fees. 3 bucks to get in. $5 extra to hike, fish, or picnic. $15 to ride a quad. And on top of that, you can't keep the fish, if it had rained they close the trails (or for any other reason they want), and they close at 6pm anyway, so no sunset watching.

Seems to me they might as well put up No Trespassing signs n be done with it! LOL.

It is a beautiful place though. But they would throw me out in 2 seconds if I ever dared to go.

When my mom lived in Bama, there were oodles of places to ride. No clue who's land it was, but just ride down the gravel roads and there are dozens of places that just cut off to the side and take off in the woods. I used to ride my dirtbike and be gone all day and not hit the same trail. And the best part was I'd never see a single soul the entire time. Bama is beautiful country!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

All you guys are lucky! CT is gotta be one of the worst places to own an atv. there isnt a legal place for me to ride within an hour of me other than my house. There are several state parks that bikes and sleds are allowed but nowhere for atv's, yet they expect you register them, well wtf why register it if we cant ride it lol. I was told by some grumpy MDC cop that I need to be registered to ride at one of my buddys houses because its not my residence. needless to say, im not registered lol. Luckily for me though my grandparents own 30 acres behind me so i can ride there. Most of its swamp though, hence the overaggressive tires. Ive gotten to know the cops pretty well too from neighbors calling them on me lol

Oh and now we got DEP all over the property as well thanks to the dumbass oil delivery guy heating-oil-spill-in-canton-mo...an-initially-suspected</end quote></div>

Yeah, and its ironic that all those New England states started the whole "freedom" thing when they rebelled from British rule. Now they are leading the way in taking those same freedoms away!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I recently heard Massachusetts passed the law that kids can't ride atvs even on private land or the parents lose their drivers license. WTF!?! Instantly, 100's of people became criminals just like meth heads who also lose their licenses for possession. What BS! Pretty soon, they will just take the kids at birth and just assume the parent is just too dumb to raise it properly.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Oh and now we got DEP all over the property as well thanks to the dumbass oil delivery guy heating-oil-spill-in-canton-mo...an-initially-suspected</end quote></div>

Yeah, and its ironic that all those New England states started the whole "freedom" thing when they rebelled from British rule. Now they are leading the way in taking those same freedoms away!</end quote></div>

That and them cheating patriots, they call a football team!!![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Yeah, I am on a tear............... Who else can I **** off??

Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

I recently heard Massachusetts passed the law that kids can't ride atvs even on private land or the parents lose their drivers license. WTF!?! Instantly, 100's of people became criminals just like meth heads who also lose their licenses for possession. What BS! Pretty soon, they will just take the kids at birth and just assume the parent is just too dumb to raise it properly.</end quote></div>

Though it shouldn't be a law, I have to agree with bad upbringin thing...

Old 05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I recently heard Massachusetts passed the law that kids can't ride atvs even on private land or the parents lose their drivers license. WTF!?! Instantly, 100's of people became criminals just like meth heads who also lose their licenses for possession. What BS! Pretty soon, they will just take the kids at birth and just assume the parent is just too dumb to raise it properly.</end quote></div>

Though it shouldn't be a law, I have to agree with bad upbringin thing...</end quote></div>

Well, yeah, but letting kids putt around the yard on a quad isn't the same thing as beatin the hell outta the kids for not doing his homework or something. Have to draw the line somewhere. Can't make eating cheetos illegal for kids either, can we??? Its a guaranteed heart attack 40 yrs from now... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Around here, if you fart in the same room as a kid, DeFACS crawls out of the woodworks and your kids will disappear never to be seen by you again! I'm sure they end up in the same place as they did in Ohio.... There was a guy there that collected $$$$ off each kid from the state and he took them in the back room and molested them. But hey, I'm sure they had it a lot worse with their REAL parents!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didnt expect such a negative reaction to an info. bit. Guess I expected to much.

. ALL ATV RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR DOT APPROVED HELMETS

AND PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT.

I don't wear helmets unless I'm racing or something. You're twice as likely to die in your truck driving to the place than you are riding the atv once there (unless you're PoolGod, lol). You don't wear a helmet in your truck, do ya? I'm kinda fanatical about helmet laws! Let those who ride decide!

. RIDING DOUBLE IS PROHIBITED UNLESS VEHICLE IS DESIGNED AND

BUILT FOR SUCH USE. REGARDLESS OF AGE.

Not a big deal, but I don't understand why they care? Last time my cousin was down we only had 2 running atvs. So, me and the ole lady ganged up on a 230 and my cousin had the 250ex and we spent the day riding in the mountains. Its pretty normal to find people riding doggie style around here. ...and almost no one wears a helmet unless they never heard of an atv before 2005 or so,,, and even then its rare for them to have a helmet on. Dirt bike riders wear full gear though... Go figure.

. THREE WHEELED ATV'S ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Why not?

. VEHICLES 50 INCHES IN WIDTH AND SMALLER ARE PERMITTED ON

TRAILS. THOSE VEHICLES WIDER THAN 50 INCHES ARE PROHIBITED

FROM USING ATV TRAILS OR ALL OTHER OFF ROAD TRAVEL.

BigMc, you just barely made the cut there! My goodness.... They have a rule for everything.

. NO VEHICLE ALLOWED THAT EMITS A NOISE LEVEL IN EXCESS OF:

(99) DECIBELS AT TWENTY INCHES FROM THE EXHAUST AT A 45

DEGREE ANGLE AS OUTLINED IN THE OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLE

AND ATV STATIONARY SOUND TEST MANUAL.

99dB is NOT loud. Most speakers have 95-100db @ 1watt measured 1 meter away! That's 1 watt!!! My drunkass friends talk louder than 99db most of the time, lol. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://condor.admin.ccny.cuny.edu/~ms6785/page4.html
">http://condor.admin.ccny.cuny....6785/page4.html
</a>

. ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR THE PARK ISSUED WRISTBAND FOR

IDENTIFICATION AND STOP WHEN SIGNALED BY A PARK RANGER OR

PARK STAFF MEMBER.

Oh good grief. [img][/img]

On top of it, the general park rules say, no beer, no smoking except at some far away location probably, no camp fires or anything, no swimming,,,, and then there are the fees. 3 bucks to get in. $5 extra to hike, fish, or picnic. $15 to ride a quad. And on top of that, you can't keep the fish, if it had rained they close the trails (or for any other reason they want), and they close at 6pm anyway, so no sunset watching.

Seems to me they might as well put up No Trespassing signs n be done with it! LOL.

It is a beautiful place though. But they would throw me out in 2 seconds if I ever dared to go.

When my mom lived in Bama, there were oodles of places to ride. No clue who's land it was, but just ride down the gravel roads and there are dozens of places that just cut off to the side and take off in the woods. I used to ride my dirtbike and be gone all day and not hit the same trail. And the best part was I'd never see a single soul the entire time. Bama is beautiful country!</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.