Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

No, I don't have any rims fit to sell. I just bought my douglas rims and I wouldn't sell them because I would have to turn around and buy them again. I was just wanting you to be sure you really wanted the dura blue axle is all. If you get some douglas rims from rockymountainatv (or anywhere but me...), your stock axle will be wide enough for you to be 46 inches or so in the back. Sorry for the confusion, lol.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Range Rover

SALES, now your talkin my department. I have a set of offset ITP rims for the 230. I got them with sandrail tires on them. I have sandblasted them and painted them white. I ended up using them a few times to test out a project. I do not know how to measure the "offsetness" , but the one side measures 4 and a quarter inches from bolt holes to rim edge. If you flip the rim it measures 5 and three quarters from bolt holes to edge.so that is an inch and a half you add to each side. I put this on mine once with the wider set up and did not care for it. These are definantly for sale if anyones interested. let me know and I will throw a fresh coat of paint on them and get some pics posted up on this thread of them.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Range Rover

Randy those pics rock as usual you have outdun even yourself. I got the trailor hitch skid plate combo for the moto 4 today in the mail after waiting two weeks for it from this e-bay guy I will never use again. It came with unmentioned dents and a very rust side to it. I just do not see how people can sell **** like this. I should have takin a before picture, but i wire wheeled it for a bit tonight. I will sandblast it tomorrow and paint it either white or black I am undecided.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Here's what I got from rockymountainatv:

4/130 Douglas .160 Wheel 9X9 3.0 + 6.0
Fits: 1986, SUZUKI, LT230S QUADSPORT
Regular: $75.00
Our price: $47.99
Part# 1087600033

These make your back 3 inches wider than zero offset rims.... That's 1.5 inches per side (6 - 4.5 = 1.4 or 4.5 - 3 = 1.5)

I'd be surprised to see the ITP rims weren't the same. Its hard to measure exactly with a tape. Maybe the ITP's are 10 inches wide??? 6 + 4??? Are they 9 or 10 inches in diameter?

I was thinking I should have gotten 10 inch rims to save of tire weight. Rims weigh less than tires. My rims weigh about as much as a helium balloon and the tires are about like a brick.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

So, did you ride the new 230 this weekend? How did it do? When you tearing it down? ARE you still tearing it down???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Clean_salvaged_BRI

Randy those pics rock as usual you have outdun even yourself. I got the trailor hitch skid plate combo for the moto 4 today in the mail after waiting two weeks for it from this e-bay guy I will never use again. It came with unmentioned dents and a very rust side to it. I just do not see how people can sell **** like this. I should have takin a before picture, but i wire wheeled it for a bit tonight. I will sandblast it tomorrow and paint it either white or black I am undecided.</end quote></div>

Thanks!

Do you have a link to the ebay auction for the hitch?

Did you hear ebay is drastically slashing their buy-it-now rates? Its been all over tv.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Range Rover

yes I got the e-bay notes directly a few weeks ago from the c_s_p store. I also have other price changes that will effect me abit from e-bay. I am sure I could look that link up.

the rims I have measure 8 3/4 inch diamater so nine i guess. As far as the tires, I like to have a bit more tire then rim, I always believed it put less work on the shock by absorbing most the impact on landing ( I like to jump). maybe you have some good imput and stats on that rumer too that you can enlighten us on Randy.

The 230 runs great, very strong. I am of course still selling it in pieces. I am going to be busy a good week with the finishing and delivery of the moto 4 finally. I also need to finish this darn scooter. I took the side off the engine and tried to remove the flywheel. I got the nut off and the right puller, and the flywheel is actually bending and not popping off. I think the crank is not spinning true. I see a slight wobble in the flywheels rotation.this thing is only worth 400 bucks so I am not giving it much more of my valuable time at this point. I have seen zero parts for it on e-bay and have no clue if it has any demand. I may just pull a piece or three off and list them, if they get watched or hit then I will take the time to get the entire thing apart and posted. Thats what I amgood at, these side projects to get things done as a whole are killing my time i need to do my e-bay posting and thats were my money is.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, the tire does soak up a lot of bumps. Notice my front tires are big balloony looking things. Like riding on 2 air bags. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When I first got the quad it had stock tires (small front tires and big balloons in back). I was white knuckled riding those mountain trails... Fearing any rock bigger than a beer can. Now I can cruise over rocks the size of 12-packs while barely holding on the grips (might be a slight exaggeration, lol). The big balloons in back made it tough to slide with any control. I'll never run anything but flat tires in back from now on.

I've only noticed 2 flaws while riding up there on those mountain trails. 1) I can't always break the back end loose and slide when I want on a turn. Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. If I get it wrong, its a LONG way to the bottom! 2) I can't always just punch the gas and jump far enough to clear the mud puddles that pool up on the other side of the jumps they got there. If I get a running go at it, yeah, its easy to clear the puddles. But come around a curve and suddenly there's a puddle,,, the quad just doesn't have enough torque to do anything but land the back wheels right in the center of the water! Anyway, since those are my only 2 complaints, I have to find ways to fix the problem. The only things I can think is to increase the power of the engine and make the back end as light as possbile.

When my buddy first got his 250S, it came with worn out tires on the back. Slicks basically. EVERYBODY loved those slicks! You could get the SAME traction on dry ground as any other tire, yet you could slide at will and with great control. But put a little water on the ground and its mario cart time! On wet grass you could be going backwards in 4th gear with the throttle pegged! On his 250S I could fall asleep on the quad and still get better times looping thru the trails than I could with white knuckles on my 230. I used to say, "the only way to wreck this thing is to aim directly at a tree because you won't do it on accident!" Moral of the story.... Flat slicks = tons of fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll pay ya for the crank. Just let me know how much you want. That side cover too is a paying gig.

Scooters are worth their weight in gold these days. I could have traded a scooter for a mint condition 250S 1987.... I just didn't have a scooter. The suzuki dealer here hasn't sold hardly any quads this year, but tons of small motorcycles and scooters.

I had to heat the flywheel puller tool with a torch and then tap it pretty hard with a hammer and my 230 flywheel popped off. Vince was surprised I didn't damage the threads, but we decided its been off before, so that might have made it easier.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

hmmm... i was rethinkin those wheel spacers again...and in all reality its still only 2.5 on each side which really isnt massive my buddy that races has been running 2 inch spacers for the past year with no issues and at 50 bucks for them i cant really see the issue...

Bri how much are you tryin to sell the rims for?

Randy sorry for the confusion.

I love this little quad ive been riding damn near everyday and i cant get enough of it now i just need to get that rear shock fixed so it quits tryin to make me play superman

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.