Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nummbr7

its back together now with new bearings ,bushings, chain, ball joints, rear caliper, tm28, and other pieces I'm forgetting - its running pretty good, thanks justrandy for your input on a starting point for the carb, I'll just have to fine tune it in the spring

anyway heres some pictures as threatened - sorry about the mud my hose is frozen

</end quote></div>

That looks really nice man! Good work!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, so does it make sense to anyone else that the tie rods off a 250S would be the same length as the ones currently on my 230? The ones I got from eBay sure enough came the day I left for the cabin, and they're the same length as my 230 ones. The only thing I can think of is maybe the spindles changed? The 250 arms are only about +1.5 or so vs the 230s.

Any way you slice it, I'm a little disgruntled.

I would return them but I want to get this done over break so I might just extend them.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Good weekend at the cabin by the way. It was cold but fun.

We were doing some ice knee-boarding behind the Outty which is crazy fun, although my elbow is swollen now. Rode some snowmobile trails which is hard, but fun. Winched my dad's Tahoe with the trailer out of the driveway that had about 6" or so of snow in it, with the Outlander's winch. And I got better at wheelies since this is my first ATV that has the power to do them!

Oh and my cousin was doing 58mph on the Outlander and I blew by him with my new pipe. My guess would be a tick or so over 60mph. I think I was around 56 before my pipe.

I'll have some pics and vids on my photobucket later.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

We were doing some ice knee-boarding behind the Outty which is crazy fun, although my elbow is swollen now. Rode some snowmobile trails which is hard, but fun. Winched my dad's Tahoe with the trailer out of the driveway that had about 6" or so of snow in it, with the Outlander's winch. And I got better at wheelies since this is my first ATV that has the power to do them!

Oh and my cousin was doing 58mph on the Outlander and I blew by him with my new pipe. My guess would be a tick or so over 60mph. I think I was around 56 before my pipe.

I'll have some pics and vids on my photobucket later.</end quote></div>

So, you're saying the 230 can outrun the outty? Or just that your speed went up after you put the pipe on?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

So, you're saying the 230 can outrun the outty? Or just that your speed went up after you put the pipe on?</end quote></div>

Both! Its only an Outty 400 though.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Alright, so does it make sense to anyone else that the tie rods off a 250S would be the same length as the ones currently on my 230? The ones I got from eBay sure enough came the day I left for the cabin, and they're the same length as my 230 ones. The only thing I can think of is maybe the spindles changed? The 250 arms are only about +1.5 or so vs the 230s.

Any way you slice it, I'm a little disgruntled.

I would return them but I want to get this done over break so I might just extend them.</end quote></div>

Huh? No that doesn't make sense to me. The part numbers are different too. How can the wheels be 3 inches farther apart and not have longer tierods? A different spindle wouldn't explain it either because the steering stem would have to have the same offset as the spindle. I don't think it would work right.

Hey Scotty, can you measure the length of just the tierod? Since you're the only one with a 250 on this board. I'm wondering if the guy shipped 230 rods.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So, you're saying the 230 can outrun the outty? Or just that your speed went up after you put the pipe on?</end quote></div>

Both! Its only an Outty 400 though.</end quote></div>

Wow! I didn't expect that.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Both! Its only an Outty 400 though.</end quote></div>

Wow! I didn't expect that.</end quote></div>

Which part? That I'm faster or that I can out run the outlander?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

And if you could do that Scotty, that would be great!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nummbr7

its back together now with new bearings ,bushings, chain, ball joints, rear caliper, tm28, and other pieces I'm forgetting - its running pretty good, thanks justrandy for your input on a starting point for the carb, I'll just have to fine tune it in the spring

anyway heres some pictures as threatened - sorry about the mud my hose is frozen

</end quote></div>

That looks nice!

So, you just quietly stuck a tm28 on there with no questions or nothing and got it running that good? I'm impressed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That engine looks pretty clean too. I've been trying to strip the paint/coating or whatever it is on mine to make it aluminum color again. Its been a pain.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.