Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
Too true. I can't imagine any of the dealer owners around here went to any sort of business school. They're selling a luxury item and they're usually open 4 days a week until around 4, then like noon to 2 on Saturday! WTF are they thinking?? I'd be open Thurs-Mon, with the service dept. open for 7 days with the money I'd save having the sales dept closed Tue-Wed. And the sales dept. would be open from about 12-8 each night it was open to reel in the customers at a time of their convenience!

I went to one dealer a couple weekends ago at 3:30 on a Saturday and they were closed. I don't know how they get any business.
Open on weekends would interfere with the weekly hair bleaching sessions.

I was at the arctic cat dealer a few months ago looking at the thundercat and almost ready to buy it when they ran me off 'cause it was time for them to go home. I haven't been back since and I don't think they've ever sold one. Me not going back has more to do with lack of money than anything else, but if they would have tried hard enough, I might have actually signed something. Never know....

Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The engine is completely different on the 300. And its 50lbs heavier. Other than that, I think its the same. Tire size might be different too. I think the 300 has bigger fronts.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
i just got a coupla acres with a teeny-tiny cabin.
after reading further and talking to a state forester, it's really bad and about all i can do is clear the big trees and leave the smaller trees and hope for the best. it's turning into a serious epedemic in the western states. estimates are it could wipe out half of the timber. whole hillsides are just dead. drought and lack of responsible land management (logging) are just making matters worse.
i've cleared a lot trees but there's 3 f=ing huge trees behind the cabin that hafta come down pronto!
Its the same here. The Southern Pine Borer SPB kills lots of trees. The worst thing for trees is a long dry period followed by lots of rain.... Which is exactly what we've been getting here for the last 5 yrs. I've been stressing about my trees!

From what I've read online, you're supposed to cut down all the trees around the infected tree and burn the whole lot to stop the spreading. A year or 2 ago I cut some pines and left them piled up for about a week. One day I was just sitting there resting and I heard this crunching sound coming from the pile. I thought it was a mouse or somthing. It turned out the be a bunch of borers. I burned the pile as fast as I could!

Here are some pics:

Name:  DCP_2620.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  303.2 KB
Name:  DCP_2622.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  265.4 KB
Name:  DCP_2624.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  300.6 KB

It only took a few days or a week to do this damage. And I've read there can be 7 generations in one tree! Whereas oak borers take 2 yrs for one generation.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lack of logging is what i meant to say.
screw it! don't make me go all political!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks a lot my trees! i've cut down so many trees that just a coupla years ago looked healthy. i dropped a sh!tload of trees last fall and i gotta get them cut and stacked

Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Is the timber good for anything? Or just firewood?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
The engine is completely different on the 300. And its 50lbs heavier. Other than that, I think its the same. Tire size might be different too. I think the 300 has bigger fronts.
I'd love to have one of those 4x4's someday, just as a tough old brute.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Open on weekends would interfere with the weekly hair bleaching sessions.

I was at the arctic cat dealer a few months ago looking at the thundercat and almost ready to buy it when they ran me off 'cause it was time for them to go home. I haven't been back since and I don't think they've ever sold one. Me not going back has more to do with lack of money than anything else, but if they would have tried hard enough, I might have actually signed something. Never know....
mmm, yeah, I totally forgot about that. Then evenings are finger nail buffing and polishing.

Seriously though, you wonder how many of them have ever thrown a leg over an ATV outside the dealer. They better hope they never lose their jobs because they wouldn't make it at any place I've ever worked!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:59 AM
Range Rover

this is a good one too...
http://dayton.craigslist.org/bar/1104631686.html

a little TLC??????

Old 04-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
this is a good one too...
http://dayton.craigslist.org/bar/1104631686.html

a little TLC??????
That's a collector's item there.... Garbage collector that is.

Darn funny ad though!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.