Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The place where I'm going riding tomorrow has a 30' table top......Hopefully the temptation isn't too great. I'll probably chicken out though anyways.

My girlfriend is coming too so I'll finally have someone riding with me who knows how to work a camera and get cool pics!! I'm excited to get some action shots!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
ok, i'm a little outa touch on the new technology.
will this laptop copy and burn dvd's? (not that i would ever violate any copyright laws...)
You're allowed to copy as many as you want, so long as you own the original. Not sure if the laptop will come with software that will let you copy them, but there are other apps that will do it. After a lengthy search a year or so ago, I found an app that copys anything. Forgot the name of it, but I can find out if you want.

I'm not big into movies or games, so I only know bits n pieces. But considering how much some dvd's cost, it pays to back them up before the kids use them as sandpaper or something.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

all this talk about new pc's and windows vista got me to digging around thru my old paperwork and software. i forgot just how good i was at tweaking and hacking. don't mean to sound like i'm bragging, but you better have a current backup if you pi$$ me off!

my wifo's been carping on me to get back into the biz but i got so tired of the corporate scene. too many f'ing whiners, suckups and drama queens. give me a project and a deadline, then get the fock outa my face. yeah, my handle's MalHombre. that's just code for Malcontent. just another social misfit! LOL
We have a lot in common here.

Not much of a people person myself. I just like my little network of friends and everybody else tends to be irritating, lol.

I used to do hacking n cracking a little, but it got so difficult, it would be easier and less time consuming to get a job burger flipping and just buy the software for the amount of time involved. I can't write any code though. All I know how to do is hex edit. I started to learn C, but got bored with it after the first lesson. What's the point when I can download anything to do anything I can imagine... and most of the time for free. Now, back in the 80's I could write a mean basic program, LOL.

When I was in high school, by stepdad had a sheetmetal business. He'd make these pipes out of sheetmetal and sell them to the grain industry in TN. It was a trial n error process when making an adapter for a round pipe to a square one. He knew trig and had his little formulas that would get him into the ballpark of the right angle to bend the metal at, but mostly trial n error. So, I spent about a month screwing around with triangles until I worked it out and then wrote a basic prog that would ask all the right questions and churn out the angles. I ended up here over it: Governor's Honors Program 2008

Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
My cousin w/ the 250X got an 88 (I think) Ranger when he was 14, rebuilt it from the ground up. Then drove it for a few months after he turned 16, then it burned to the ground in an electrical fire. haha.

One time we were driving somewhere and I was behind him in my 1991 GMC K1500 ext cab and he had a bed full of junk. Well he went to take a turn and quickly realized he didn't re-bolt his bed down. Needless to say, it slid right off the frame and dumped all his $hit in the road.
That's funny right there!

My friend just left to go on a cruise. When he got to the hotel, he found his suitcase was empty, LOL. WTF?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Man, that test was a b!tch. We got to class and he said we couldn't have example on our note sheets. Of course my entire note sheet was examples. Can't imagine I passed that one. How can he tell us what we can have on our notes as he's handing out the tests??? ARGH!
Give him a bad review at the end of the term.

One prof told the class, "If you think you can write an A paper, you don't need to come to class." So,,, I didn't go to class. (I knew I could coz I won $50 and got my picture in the paper for an essay before, so what tha heck). Well, I wrote paper for myself and for a friend of mine. My friend got a B in the class and I failed. Well, the prof was fired and I had to take the class again. My friend got the B coz he went to class and went to the office after class a lot. I never showed up for anything except to hand in the paper at the end. It was a BS comp I class anyway.

It just goes to show.... Its not what you know, but whose *** you kiss.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The place where I'm going riding tomorrow has a 30' table top......Hopefully the temptation isn't too great. I'll probably chicken out though anyways.

My girlfriend is coming too so I'll finally have someone riding with me who knows how to work a camera and get cool pics!! I'm excited to get some action shots!
That good, because if she's anything like me you'll have some nice actions shots of the ground as you ride by.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

dang, i'm getting excited about getting that laptop!
or maybe it's just the 3 cups of coffee and morning wood...
sux to get old.
Are you getting an upgraded internet connection too?

Man, I know how you feel on the old thing. I feel 15 yrs older than what I am sometimes. Time goes by quicker when you get older too. So, it seems like I'm getting older faster n faster. No wonder old people drive so slow.... They think they're going 80!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
That's funny right there!

My friend just left to go on a cruise. When he got to the hotel, he found his suitcase was empty, LOL. WTF?
haha, hopefully he liked what he wore getting there! That would put a slight damper on the trip.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Give him a bad review at the end of the term.

One prof told the class, "If you think you can write an A paper, you don't need to come to class." So,,, I didn't go to class. (I knew I could coz I won $50 and got my picture in the paper for an essay before, so what tha heck). Well, I wrote paper for myself and for a friend of mine. My friend got a B in the class and I failed. Well, the prof was fired and I had to take the class again. My friend got the B coz he went to class and went to the office after class a lot. I never showed up for anything except to hand in the paper at the end. It was a BS comp I class anyway.

It just goes to show.... Its not what you know, but whose *** you kiss.
It really is a pretty corrupt system. We've asked almost all the engineering professors before if this is what they always wanted to do and all except one said they're just doing this because they can't do anything else.

Go figure. Every professor I've had that was actually a professor and not a Doctor, has been good. Just about every Dr has sucked.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you getting an upgraded internet connection too?
not right away but evenntually. i think this hick burg has wifi available. at least that's what my tenant told me.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.