Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Are you getting an upgraded internet connection too?

Man, I know how you feel on the old thing. I feel 15 yrs older than what I am sometimes. Time goes by quicker when you get older too. So, it seems like I'm getting older faster n faster. No wonder old people drive so slow.... They think they're going 80!
Since I'm a fairly broke college kid, I decided to skip cable tv for my apartment and go for good internet. I just have a hard time warranting TV bills since you can watch so much on the web now for free. Plus when you watch it online, instead of having batches of about 3 minutes of commercials, you get one 30 second commercial.

With 5 MBps @ $30 a month, I can do everything I want on the web at a very comfortable speed.

That Crysis demo I downloaded was almost 2 gigs and it only took a little under 3 hours. Not bad to my standards.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
not right away but evenntually. i think this hick burg has wifi available. at least that's what my tenant told me.
Oh, nice, like city wide Wi-Fi? Is it free or do you pay the city for it? You'll find out for sure when you get your laptop.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do you get into your crank case to replace your bearing for your connecting rod

Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well, hitting the park hard tomorrow morning! First time to really do some sporty riding. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this bad boy jumps and stuff! I have a feeling my back shock will be too soft. I was going to tighten it tonight, but I was looking and its all the way tight. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you getting an upgraded internet connection too?

Man, I know how you feel on the old thing. I feel 15 yrs older than what I am sometimes. Time goes by quicker when you get older too. So, it seems like I'm getting older faster n faster. No wonder old people drive so slow.... They think they're going 80!
i don't drive much over the speed limit 'cause i like to enjoy a cold on on the way home after work and don't need the law hassling me about an open container.

one of those bits of code is really mean! it creates a folder on your desktop and give it a horrible name. you try to open it, a windows error pops up. you try to rename it, a windows error pops up, you try to delete it, a windows error pops up. there's prolly only a handful of truly old=skool geeks that would recognize the joke and know how to fix the problem.

the other bit of code is truly destructive. it creates a folder, and again, you name it something really mean and cruel. you try to open it and in a matter of a couple seconds your screen goes black and all you hear is your hard drive clicking away and then dead silence. you freak out and reboot and you got nothing. completely and totally erases your hard drive. absolutelyand totally unrecoverable. handy if you want to pi$$ off your soon-to-be ex. not that i would know...

relax guys, you have to be typing on the victim's pc to pull these "pranks"

like i said, i'm a nice guy, just don't pi$$ me off!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i don't drive much over the speed limit 'cause i like to enjoy a cold on on the way home after work and can't afford the dui charge LOL!

one of those bits of code is really mean! it creates a folder on your desktop and you give it a horrible name. you try to open it, a windows error pops up. you try to rename it, a windows error pops up, you try to delete it, a windows error pops up. there's prolly only a handful of truly old=skool geeks that would recognize the joke and know how to fix the problem.

the other bit of code is truly destructive. it creates a folder, and again, you name it something really mean and cruel. you try to open it and in a matter of a couple seconds your screen goes black and all you hear is your hard drive clicking away and then dead silence. you freak out and reboot and you got nothing. completely and totally erases your hard drive. absolutelyand totally unrecoverable.

relax guys, you have to typing on the victim's pc to pull these "pranks"

like i said, i'm a nice guy, just don't pi$$ me off!
I remember reading about a way to make a file appear as a folder. It was a long time ago though and I never did much with the info. I think it would only work under win98 with a fat file system, right?

I long time ago, my friend was ****ed at some guy in the net. He used netbus to gain access to the guy's pc. He found a pic of the guy and his brother. He edited the pic with bullet holes and blood everywhere and set the pic as the desktop background image with the caption "You've been hacked". That's what he said anyway. That was before 1997, if it really happened. Never known him to lie and I knew him 10 yrs or so.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Rowdee
How do you get into your crank case to replace your bearing for your connecting rod
Take the head n jug off, then you have to buy or borrow a flywheel puller. Should be pretty obvious after that. Just a bunch of bolts n screws. But it bothers me you'd have to ask such a question and be expected to get it apart and back together right. I think you should get a manual... A good one, not the cheap clymer. A real factory service manual. Splitting cases is a pretty big job! Then you send the crank off to someone like Vince New Suzuki LT230S Quad Sport Parts at Vince's Cycle to get the bearing replaced.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Since I'm a fairly broke college kid, I decided to skip cable tv for my apartment and go for good internet. I just have a hard time warranting TV bills since you can watch so much on the web now for free. Plus when you watch it online, instead of having batches of about 3 minutes of commercials, you get one 30 second commercial.

With 5 MBps @ $30 a month, I can do everything I want on the web at a very comfortable speed.

That Crysis demo I downloaded was almost 2 gigs and it only took a little under 3 hours. Not bad to my standards.
I was thinking about eliminating my cable and piping the video feed to the bedroom from my pc. I like to watch tv in bed. Either that or another pc for that room so I can change channels. Most places you can watch tv for free (Like TBS) and others might charge $100 per year (Like CNBC - still cheaper than cable).

My buddy stumbled on a way to get cheaper cable. He told the cable company to shut his **** off due to the outrageous charges, then when he got off the phone, it rang and it was a marketing company that gave him pretty much everything charter has to offer for something like $140 for 2 yrs. So, the trick is to search online for "charter marketing" or something like that and find the best deal. Dealing with charter directly is expensive.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember reading about a way to make a file appear as a folder. It was a long time ago though and I never did much with the info. I think it would only work under win98 with a fat file system, right?

I long time ago, my friend was ****ed at some guy in the net. He used netbus to gain access to the guy's pc. He found a pic of the guy and his brother. He edited the pic with bullet holes and blood everywhere and set the pic as the desktop background image with the caption "You've been hacked". That's what he said anyway. That was before 1997, if it really happened. Never known him to lie and I knew him 10 yrs or so.
it'll work on any system that you can access and write on the root of the drive.
it can"t be delivered over the net. it's ASCii code.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i don't think it can be delivered over the net. it's ASCii code.
It could if you had full access to someone's pc. Like remote desktop in XP that's usually on by default and the group policy that has "EVERYONE" as a default setting for network access. I just don't know if what you're talking about would work in xp though.

As far as I understand it, you have to have some kind of server on someone's pc in order to break in. Win98 just sitting online can't be hacked unless you drop a file on the machine. XP has remote desktop as a server just for breaking in by microsoft so they can "help you". But the securest pc in the world is no good if you give a program access rights to the net. That's my biggest worry about all these bloated apps that I have no idea what all they do and they all want access to the internet. That's where zonealarm comes in. It was the first firewall to let the user know when an app (or parts of an app - dlls, etc) wanted to access the internet. Since nobody can break in from the outside anyway, most firewalls were junk. All the break ins happened from users running some program they downloaded and it turned out to be a trojan that setup a pipeline to the outside. Zonealarm gives you the opportunity to say no. Most other firewalls just block ports.... Or they used to anyway. I think they all caught on by now. Anyway, zonealarm is a respected name with people "in tha know". If you run norton or mcaffe, you're usually laughed at behind your back. 1) you paid too much. 2) its bloated and slows your system. 3) protection is questionable. 4) Its a mark you bought a "name" without doing due-diligence.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.