Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course you can adjust the clutch. There should be a little cover of some sort on the right side. Under the cover is a slotted shaft with a lock nut. Loosen the lock nut and turn the shaft/screw to adjust the clutch. I think turning the screw in would be like taking slack out of a clutch cable. I bet you could back the screw out far enough that it wouldn't disengage the clutch at all. No more neutral between gears, but some clunky gear shifting since the clutch wouldn't be working.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Hmm, I kinda like the buddha part. Simple and humble, I try to be. But I own so much stuff. The buddhists philosophy is to go thru life with an open hand.... Grasping nothing. Not only am I grasping, but I've got it locked up in buildings with cameras and shotguns!

The kid was on the news about 5 yrs ago I guess. I've looked all over the net, I can't find anything about it. But the way I remember it, she was around 2 when she picked her name. I can't remember what they called her until then.

Take the cat to the place with the 30ft tabletop. Get some updated pics! But don't wear your best pair of undies that day.
So maybe more of an All-American Buddha!

And man, I can't wait to let the cat out of the cage. I don't even care where it is, although that track would be a blast. This weekend we're planning a cabin trip, so that will be fun. Just do some trail shredding.

Would you ever do an upgrade from your QS to another sport quad, or is your heart set on a big sport-ute? You should pick up the July 09 ATV Action. They have a shootout between the T-Cat, Outty 800R, PoPo 850XP, and Kawi Brute 750. The T-Cat hit the highest top speed @ 81.9 followed by the Outty @ 79.3. It makes less HP at the rear wheels than the Outty though, 48.78 @ 6550 vs 50.59 @ 6750. MSRPs are quite a bit different though, 11,199 for the T-Cat vs 8949 for the 800R.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

man sometimes i hate checking this thread everyday...always seeing that yzf450r ad makes me want to trade the 230 in

Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
man sometimes i hate checking this thread everyday...always seeing that yzf450r ad makes me want to trade the 230 in
I'm proof that sometimes the temptation is just too great!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Man, the skid plate I got off eBay for the DVX was junk. I'm sending it back for a full refund asap. The plate itself was ok at best, but he just had the ****tiest clamps, and one was too big. All the bolts should have been the same, but yet, of the five total bolts, I had three different types, and 7 washers?? WTF? Now I'm looking at this one, since I'd like to have one for the weekend so I don't break anything.

Cobra Chassis Skid Plate - DennisKirk.com

Old 06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
So maybe more of an All-American Buddha!

And man, I can't wait to let the cat out of the cage. I don't even care where it is, although that track would be a blast. This weekend we're planning a cabin trip, so that will be fun. Just do some trail shredding.

Would you ever do an upgrade from your QS to another sport quad, or is your heart set on a big sport-ute? You should pick up the July 09 ATV Action. They have a shootout between the T-Cat, Outty 800R, PoPo 850XP, and Kawi Brute 750. The T-Cat hit the highest top speed @ 81.9 followed by the Outty @ 79.3. It makes less HP at the rear wheels than the Outty though, 48.78 @ 6550 vs 50.59 @ 6750. MSRPs are quite a bit different though, 11,199 for the T-Cat vs 8949 for the 800R.
Back when I was shopping for the tcat, it was $9000. Tax, bumpers, and whatnot came close to $10k. After seeing how my briggs fell apart and reading all those threads about tcat problems, I'm thinking my bayou is working out just fine for now. If I need to pull anything heavier, I can just use the Ranger. Haven't seen anything it won't pull yet and it tops out well over 100mph I'm sure. Plus has AC and a nice stereo.

As far as sports go, I don't even ride the QS. The garage floor paint is probably stuck to the bottom of the tires, its been sitting there so long. But if a big bore sport fell in my lap, I'd probably take it. I'm not trading my QS in though.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Man, the skid plate I got off eBay for the DVX was junk. I'm sending it back for a full refund asap. The plate itself was ok at best, but he just had the ****tiest clamps, and one was too big. All the bolts should have been the same, but yet, of the five total bolts, I had three different types, and 7 washers?? WTF? Now I'm looking at this one, since I'd like to have one for the weekend so I don't break anything.

Cobra Chassis Skid Plate - DennisKirk.com
Your luck appears to be about like mine.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think I want a trike before anything. Something different.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Your luck appears to be about like mine.
Oh and somehow I forgot to mention that the drain holes were off by a solid inch or so, which would make one heck of a mess every time I had to change the oil. When I saw that, I knew it was going back for sure. I hate to drop the extra $35 for this one, but its kind of a necessary part (IMO) now that I'm liquid cooled.

Oh and I got my security deposit back from my apartment (~$750) so I took the plunge on my ITP Holeshot H-D fronts today too. I hate mismatched tires. Thank goodness my next paycheck is coming soon!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I think I want a trike before anything. Something different.
2-stroke racer, work-horse, or something in the middle? My cousin sold his 1981 250R a couple months ago. Didn't get a whole lot for it but it was a bit of a pile under the new paint. It was way way way too loud too. Not a good loud either.

Attached Thumbnails 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-paint2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.