Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
Soon, you can buy one of my work's LED lights! Check out the Surge 4. I ran one on my DVX for a while and it was sweet.

www.biltritemanufacturing.com

Whats the pricing going to be like?

I'm thinking about trying something like this-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-1...Q5fAccessories

It's only $10 so even if they arnt worth anything, i'm only out $10.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bashr52
Whats the pricing going to be like?

I'm thinking about trying something like this-2 x 12V LED Illumination Car Front Light Headlight Blue:eBay Motors (item 360181308567 end time Sep-21-09 17:00:00 PDT)

It's only $10 so even if they arnt worth anything, i'm only out $10.
We're shooting for somewhere between $99.99 and $120.

The main difference between the ones you're looking at and ours is that ours use high intensity LEDs. My guess would be that light may look bright, but it won't cast much light at all. In our Surge 4, we use 3 watt LED bulbs and all 4 of them together produce over 700 lumens.

But like you said! For ten buck, you can't go too wrong!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

i will send you some pics as soon as i can atvman ive been super busy lately they shut down almost all the chrysler dealers in my area, and we are the only one that stayed open so you can imagine the workload ihave been getting def not complaining though, it was avery slow winter

Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 86qscamo
i will send you some pics as soon as i can atvman ive been super busy lately they shut down almost all the chrysler dealers in my area, and we are the only one that stayed open so you can imagine the workload ihave been getting def not complaining though, it was avery slow winter
No rush, I was just making sure you got my PM and stuff.

That's good news that you were able to stay open. I know my old man works for GM Parts Distribution in Hudson, WI and it was getting a little scary for him there for a while. But luckily, they're one of the strongest parts facilities in the nation and so far, they've been spared. With everyone keeping their old cars, his place has never been busier, actually.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

my new gauge cluster with cyl head temp rpm and lap time

Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Range Rover

wow no ones commented on this in a along time.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default I added another Suzuki to the stable!

Hi Folks!

After the top end rebuild and carb adjusting, both of the old 230's are running great. Although, the one that got the top end treatment is starting to smoke like mad on startup again already...not sure what that's all about. About a 1/2 mile later and running mid revs in 3rd or 4th and it clears right up.

I need some schooling in the art of troubleshooting the 4 stroke - I know you guys can help with this!

I got a crazy deal on a 2004 LTZ250. I paid slightly more than I did for each one of the 230's individually and I didn't pay more than $250 for any one of those.

It's not firing right now and hasn't since I got it.

Here's what I've checked and some subsequent results:
- Battery is 100% dead. I throw jumpers on it from my lawn tractor to turn it over
- It was basically OUT of oil (not a good sign...) but I added a sufficient amount of fresh to the case
- I emptied as much gas as I could. I added in some fresh w/a little octane booster that was premixed in. Probably added 1-2 times as much gas to the tank as there was older gas in there. I have no idea of the condition of the older gas but did this as a precaution
- I've got spark and a new plug
- with the plug out and my thumb over the hole while turning it over, my thumb gets blown off but I'm not sure if that's an indication of 'good compression' or not
- with the plug out and a flashlight shining into the cylinder while turning it over some gas was ejected out onto the flashlight.
- I cleaned the airbox and filter quite good but don't have any filter oil to put on there. The filter itself is very dry.

So what's going on?

I'm getting spark. I seem to be getting gas shot into the cylinder. I think I have sufficient compression.

Carb problems maybe? Vacuum leak somewhere? Too weak of a battery? A bad CDI?

Any suggestions/guidance is always appreciated! I'm still pretty new to tinkering with these motors so definitely don't assume I've tried some of the basics already.

If this is too off topic for the 230 forum, please PM ideas and/or direct me to the appropriate forum to post this and look for advice. I figured here would be a good place because you guys were so helpful last time!

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Only been since thursday

86qscamo's pic isnt working for me. Anyone else?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sdunlimited
Hi Folks!

After the top end rebuild and carb adjusting, both of the old 230's are running great. Although, the one that got the top end treatment is starting to smoke like mad on startup again already...not sure what that's all about. About a 1/2 mile later and running mid revs in 3rd or 4th and it clears right up.

I need some schooling in the art of troubleshooting the 4 stroke - I know you guys can help with this!

I got a crazy deal on a 2004 LTZ250. I paid slightly more than I did for each one of the 230's individually and I didn't pay more than $250 for any one of those.

It's not firing right now and hasn't since I got it.

Here's what I've checked and some subsequent results:
- Battery is 100% dead. I throw jumpers on it from my lawn tractor to turn it over
- It was basically OUT of oil (not a good sign...) but I added a sufficient amount of fresh to the case
- I emptied as much gas as I could. I added in some fresh w/a little octane booster that was premixed in. Probably added 1-2 times as much gas to the tank as there was older gas in there. I have no idea of the condition of the older gas but did this as a precaution
- I've got spark and a new plug
- with the plug out and my thumb over the hole while turning it over, my thumb gets blown off but I'm not sure if that's an indication of 'good compression' or not
- with the plug out and a flashlight shining into the cylinder while turning it over some gas was ejected out onto the flashlight.
- I cleaned the airbox and filter quite good but don't have any filter oil to put on there. The filter itself is very dry.

So what's going on?

I'm getting spark. I seem to be getting gas shot into the cylinder. I think I have sufficient compression.

Carb problems maybe? Vacuum leak somewhere? Too weak of a battery? A bad CDI?

Any suggestions/guidance is always appreciated! I'm still pretty new to tinkering with these motors so definitely don't assume I've tried some of the basics already.

If this is too off topic for the 230 forum, please PM ideas and/or direct me to the appropriate forum to post this and look for advice. I figured here would be a good place because you guys were so helpful last time!

Thanks!

If it has been sitting, assume the carb is gummed up. Shoot some starting fluid into the cylidner and see if it will at least fire. I take it it was sold to you in an as-is non-running condition?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by atvman29
The dealer I traded mine into still has it. And they STILL have it listed at $1599! Maybe 5-10 years down the road, I'll go buy it back. Then again, I'd be stuck with that foot peg problem again.

Hot Deals 1986 Suzuki Quad Sport Boomerang Sports Melrose, MN (320) 256-4642

Wow! That 230 was nicely put together - looks like you certainly took good care of it. $1,599 though, looks like the folks at Boomerang are going to be hanging onto it for a while!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.