Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm not alone? Yours does the same thing?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

yessir!

i wasnt sure if it was just my imagination, but i think its confirmed! my bike simply doesnt like a ton of humidity, it doesnt want to hold an idle at all...

Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
yessir!

i wasnt sure if it was just my imagination, but i think its confirmed! my bike simply doesnt like a ton of humidity, it doesnt want to hold an idle at all...
Hey Fellas!
As far as humidity, I call BS! Yes humid conditions may cause part of the problem, but that is not the root of the problem. Probably the REAL problem is not proper jetting for your specific altitude. But then again, I don't know jack!!! Just glad you all are still typing!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

ah good to hear from you PG! any word on randy? its strange around here without him...

anyways, thats what i thought too, you know, wtf could a little humidity have to do with the carburation? but what else could it be? it runs DEAD ON perfect when its not super humid out. maybe ignition related?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. It runs perfect when it's dry out. Thats the first time I've ever had it out in the rain/humidity like that before. Took a few kicks to get it going, then didnt really want to idle. I think it must be spark related.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

ah good to hear from you PG! any word on randy? its strange around here without him...

anyways, thats what i thought too, you know, wtf could a little humidity have to do with the carburation? but what else could it be? it runs DEAD ON perfect when its not super humid out. maybe ignition related?
My 230 never seemed to have a huge problem with water or humidity, and we sure get humiditiy here in MN. There were a few days that I just couldn't get it to start for the life of me, but then the next day I'd go out and it'd pop right off on the 1st kick. Not sure what happened those days! lol

I had sent Randy a PM just to see how he was doing, but haven't heard back. I agree it is quiet seeming without him!

I'd be on more but since school started, my schedule and workload is crazy. I'm up at six thirty, commute 1 hour (75 miles) to school, class from 9-2, commute 45 minutes to work, work from 3-5, drive 20 minutes home, eat, and then hw for the rest of the night. Then the next morning, repeat.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

axle bearings are a piece of cake after youve done them a few times.

heres how i do them:

Thanks for the tips on replacing these. I'll be adding this to the list of things I need to do to these machines.

Would anyone happen to have a spare choke lever kicking around for the stock Mikuni carb that you're not using and don't plan to ever use? If so, please drop me a note.

I'm sure somebody's run across this problem before and I'm hoping you found a good fix for it: Where the head pipe and muffler pipe connect, that bolt seems to rust out and become useless quite easily. I half-assed a hose clamp around one and it's not really doing the trick. After it heats up and expands a bit it's fine, but it's a little hazy at startup...
Any tricks for fixing this?

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure how small you can get them, but an actual automotive exhaust clamp would be the way to go. My exhaust had a hose clamp on it as well.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, what do you guys think about the styling of this light I've been working on? I thought it'd be cool to do something besides a square or circle. And the cooling fins are on there because we're planning on putting a single 10W LED capable out putting out 900 lumens! And they get H-O-T. The two end covers would unscrew so you can slide the lens, light, heat sink, and driver out to service if need be. Plus it gives it a utilitarian look IMO. Anyways, let me know what you think, and be honest, you won't hurt my feelings!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! that looks like some serious equipment to me!

im liking it... how would light output compare to a run of the mill kc highlighter with a 55watt (H3?) halogen bulb?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.