Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the guy took a trade plus cash for the 350? Is that radiator a little dented or is it just the pic?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey atvman,
i was wondering if you would mind posting pics of my resto project 86' lt230s on the Vault. I have just got done hand sanding all the suspension parts and doing some upgrades on the engine. i still have decided on a frame color as of yet. actually i am all out of ideas just really tired of the white plastics and black frame. there are dozens of them around where i live. do you have any ideas on a frame color and plastics? or any way to make my 230 more different from others? thanks for any input and again thanks for the vault. i visit it at least 4 times a week to see if there is anything new.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bashr52
2 floats driving 2 seperate needles/seats.
haha yeah that would be weird as hell! but other than that, pretty much all of the mikunis that ive worked on have had that setup. except for one that had one big float...

Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bashr52
So the guy took a trade plus cash for the 350? Is that radiator a little dented or is it just the pic?
The cash came my way, but yeah.

The front that's all dented up is actually a metal grill. The radiator's not terrible. I pulled the plow off today. It had about 30 lb of ice built up on it too!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
Hey atvman,
i was wondering if you would mind posting pics of my resto project 86' lt230s on the Vault. I have just got done hand sanding all the suspension parts and doing some upgrades on the engine. i still have decided on a frame color as of yet. actually i am all out of ideas just really tired of the white plastics and black frame. there are dozens of them around where i live. do you have any ideas on a frame color and plastics? or any way to make my 230 more different from others? thanks for any input and again thanks for the vault. i visit it at least 4 times a week to see if there is anything new.
Yeah, I'd love to post your pics. I'll PM you my email address and you can send them there.

Color is such a personal thing...I loved the blue on my 230, especially with the gold rims. You could go for more of a classic Suzuki look and do a rich blue frame with yellow plastics like the LT-R and newer Z's.

Look through the album on the main gallery page of all the 230s and see if any of them catch your eye. Lots of colors on there.

Sorry there hasn't been a whole lot going on with the Vault lately...with school and work I just don't have a ton of time. Plus not having a 230 doesn't help cause I'm not working on any projects. So if you want to do some write ups with pics and everything, please do!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by atvman29
Yeah, I'd love to post your pics. I'll PM you my email address and you can send them there.

Color is such a personal thing...I loved the blue on my 230, especially with the gold rims. You could go for more of a classic Suzuki look and do a rich blue frame with yellow plastics like the LT-R and newer Z's.

Look through the album on the main gallery page of all the 230s and see if any of them catch your eye. Lots of colors on there.

Sorry there hasn't been a whole lot going on with the Vault lately...with school and work I just don't have a ton of time. Plus not having a 230 doesn't help cause I'm not working on any projects. So if you want to do some write ups with pics and everything, please do!
Thanks for the info. My color combo has been decided Metalic Blue and black. I will be having tons of photos of the crazy stuff i do and my friend on his 230. Just to name a few: 120 foot horse shoe hill climb, a 22 foot gap jump(which no one has made yet), and a 42 mile trail with jumps, frame twisters, 2 pond crossings, and a hill climb that scares 15+ year verteran riders.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. My color combo has been decided Metalic Blue and black. I will be having tons of photos of the crazy stuff i do and my friend on his 230. Just to name a few: 120 foot horse shoe hill climb, a 22 foot gap jump(which no one has made yet), and a 42 mile trail with jumps, frame twisters, 2 pond crossings, and a hill climb that scares 15+ year verteran riders.
Doesn't sound like a bad time! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the action. Send me any YouTube videos you have too.

Sorry, I forgot to PM my email....I'll do that now.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Doesn't sound like a bad time! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the action. Send me any YouTube videos you have too.

Sorry, I forgot to PM my email....I'll do that now.
Yeah i cant wait for spring and summer. We just went out to the big trail yesterday and it is completely impassable.. Snow drifts 3 and a half feet tall and fallen trees. almost went into the river on the way home twice. I live about 20 minutes from the big trail but with that blizzard hitting Ohio that same trip takes an hour. i took my 230 out just a little bit ago to test out a pair of Dunlop tires. I had spider tracs on the back and all they do is spin but the KT335(i think) Dunlops, holy crap! night and day difference. Now no one can keep up with me. One of my best friends has a Warrior and i just blew him off the road. we raced around our neighborhood for 10 laps and i lapped him twice. it was awsome, i have only been ridin quads for 3 years and he has been ridin for 10 years. Won myself a dollar today WHOO HOO! I will try to get the pics soon, digital camera took a crap. i got to wait for the weather to get warm so i can strip down my 230 and put the newly painted parts on and paint the frame.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

What does "bump steer" mean? i see it mentioned in the big thread but not sure what it means.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

What does "bump steer" mean? i see it mentioned in the big thread but not sure what it means.
Its when you hit a rock or bump or something and the jerk comes through the handlebars making you jolt the handlebars in a direction.

Too much of it can wear you out, and way too much of it gives you arm pump which I had for the first time last year and its terrible.

Arm pump is when the flesh on your arms is moving so much on the bone that it becomes very tender to movement.

Power steering and steering stabilizers are two of the most effective cures for bump steer.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.