Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i got them about 6 years ago. I saved up forever lol.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EatSleepDreamLT230S
Yeah i got them about 6 years ago. I saved up forever lol.
i plan on gettin a set but never know when. My 5 year old son is due for his first Zuk so i gotta start lookin for one.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
i ve beeen lurking aroun offline seein whats going on.

Hows it goin jory? have seen ya on in a while.
not to shabby man, just getting some time and more money to myself, since i threw the old lady out lol, so i see either another 230 with some mods coming my way the 230 i have no with some major mods.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jory230
not to shabby man, just getting some time and more money to myself, since i threw the old lady out lol, so i see either another 230 with some mods coming my way the 230 i have no with some major mods.
let me know if i can help ya out with the mods. i am designing some front end stuff right now. ways to extend the A arms without cutting and welding. well may be minimal welding. i am not for sure yet. and i almost got a ram air set up that works. gives you a +5 hp gain and better fuel economy. plenty more stuff in the works. trade secrets .

Old 10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

i almost snapped my 230 in half a few days ago. right where the swing arm bolthead is. it egg shaped the bolt hole on the first jump and broke clear through on the 2nd jump. damn near wiped out another mag cover. my chain ended up on my foot wrapped around the peg and into the shifter. the back of my leg still hurts.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Range Rover
Talking

let me know if i can help ya out with the mods. i am designing some front end stuff right now. ways to extend the A arms without cutting and welding. well may be minimal welding. i am not for sure yet. and i almost got a ram air set up that works. gives you a +5 hp gain and better fuel economy. plenty more stuff in the works. trade secrets .
haha i did what malhombre did to his airbox and it is sweet man, yea those a arms are gunna be a trial and error thing i might do the same thing, i bought myself i nice pipe bender, so we'll see what happens, but when you think we'va sat on the edges of our seats long enough you should hit us up with those trade secrets lol

Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jory230
haha i did what malhombre did to his airbox and it is sweet man, yea those a arms are gunna be a trial and error thing i might do the same thing, i bought myself i nice pipe bender, so we'll see what happens, but when you think we'va sat on the edges of our seats long enough you should hit us up with those trade secrets lol
i took malhombres' idea and went a few steps further. most of the mods i am tinkering with are still very experimental. i want to make sure they are safe for the engine and rider. i had one of my alky engines detonate with a rider on the QS. Not a pretty sight. Lets just say the jug looked like a grenade went off. if he hadnt worn his MX boots it would've sucked big time. i think the timing jumped allowing to much fuel and no exhaust valve to open. i am still piecing the engine together to find out where it failed and why it did. this happened with a 25% alky mix. i am leaning toward working on steering mods to increase handling and air box options, like ram air. i also tried tinkering with a turbo from a Zuk street bike but never got it to function properly. i dont really know enough about turbos yet.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

i took malhombres' idea and went a few steps further. most of the mods i am tinkering with are still very experimental. i want to make sure they are safe for the engine and rider. i had one of my alky engines detonate with a rider on the QS. Not a pretty sight. Lets just say the jug looked like a grenade went off. if he hadnt worn his MX boots it would've sucked big time. i think the timing jumped allowing to much fuel and no exhaust valve to open. i am still piecing the engine together to find out where it failed and why it did. this happened with a 25% alky mix. i am leaning toward working on steering mods to increase handling and air box options, like ram air. i also tried tinkering with a turbo from a Zuk street bike but never got it to function properly. i dont really know enough about turbos yet.
sounds like a pretty good plan man, somethings are hard to wrap your head around but its a good thing the rider was wearing boots, but gotta learn from mistakes

Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i know. luck was definately on our side. my buddy who was on it, has been my friend for 19 years. we've been like brothers. but we still joke about the accident. we may build yet another monster 230 motor, we still have the stage 3 cam left. it was barely scratched. the fuel tank took the most damage and of course my friends boots.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

Trailrider230s,
Turbos are not that tough as long as you can get the oiling correct. However, I would think you could use a supercharger off of a seadoo. This might be a easier way to go and can give the off the line pull that a turbo can't.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.