Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you have on the 230? The same lights, or different style? Being 55w a piece, I don't think the stator on the 230 can handle 2 of them.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Wow, glad to see you are still keepin em alive!!!
Have a Merry Christmas you all!!

Old 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey names Jeff new to the forum. i have a 230lt quadsport and i was wondering about how much would a shop bored it out like .75 with a weico piston and rings? and if i should so any other upgrade to compinsate for that extra hp? another thing does anyone know a website were i can get a chain guard to stop it from hitting the block and some shock upgrades from? thanks guys advise appreicated

Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Upgrade the cam, carb, and exhaust to compliment the new top end. have the head rebuilt as well, and ported if you can.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Y'all, trying to figure out where to find a FSM for my 86 LT230SG. I picked it up for 500 bones at a yard sale from the original owner. Its got a tick and needs a wicked tune up. Any one with ideas where I can get it in PDF?

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default new rider

Hi all, i'm new here and i just started buildinding my 230. i bought it in Michigan Sept 29 with the trade mark hole in the mag cover. i replaced the whole left side of the engine and my buddy put it in time. and after sitting for a year and a half, its running strong and is whole nother world for me, i had an lt125 and go tired of being left in the dust, now with the 230 its still happening. i need some sprocket ratios that wont rob my trail performance, which is where my 230 is untouchable by my friends. so if anyone has any mild upgrade ideas plz send some my way. will post up pics of the build as they happen. thanx

Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

northidahofisher, It's taken from a Clymer's manual but here is some info that might help.
EBSCOhost - world?s foremost premium research database service
user name is: s4633363
pw is: scclibrary

Small engine repair is at the bottom, you can find it from there.
Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you much! I will check it out and see what I can figure out!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default lt230s racing brake lines

hey all,
i found a guy on ebay who can make braided stainless steel brake lines for the 230s. and the best part is they carry a lifetime warranty. all you have to do is measure the length of the lines and send them to him. i have his phone #. just pm me and i'll give it to you.

Attached Thumbnails 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-brake-lines.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Noobs with all their questions!

Hi to all & may I start by saying I think the information & attitude on this Forum seems second to none! I have a few other "toy's" as-well & always like to get stuck right in-to all the knowledge I can find on any new one that comes along. Although I have found that not all the places I chat on are as nice & helpful as this one! So when I got my newest Quad & found this Site..... Lets just say I haven't had much sleep for the last few days lol!

After doing a few searches, then reading from page 1- 26 & then about 15 pages back from the last page I decided I would have to make a Post to make it not only faster but easier for myself to find out some answers!

To all who read further:

I think its great if anyone that reads my Posts finds them in anyway interesting or helpful. From here on though it will be mainly questions that probably only those with a deep insight into these Quads will be able to answer so it may get a little long winded for some, just a heads-up!

First of all I will say that cutting, welding & all minor modifications to parts can be undertaken by myself &/ or friends if information is available or is easily worked out. I.E. extending the Swing Arm!

So............lol

Does anyone have any experience with the LT 160!?!

Can anyone say if any of the 230/ 250s Swingers &/ or Axle's are interchangeable with the 160 Frame/ Carrier?

I know lots of Swingers, Axles & Hub's are interchangeable between the 230s, 250s & even a few other Quads, sometimes depending on the Year. So what would be an over -all best set up for running on flat ground/ Grass, a few Trails & maybe the odd 3ft jump lol! I.E. best O.E Swinger off the newest Quad that will fit the 230/ 50 Frame & Carrier. This I can cut & weld for a extension to save money on buying a aftermarket Item! Best O.E Axle, for Width & Strength. Best O.E Hub's, either 4 Stud or Five to match the Axle! I read in a past Post on here about how much better Swingers were off Quads like the Honda TRX of about the same age. So I go look around at some pic's of a TRX Swingers etc. They obviously look kind of similar to the 230/ 250s & mounting is still via Two Tubular Sections where it joins the Frame. Anyone have anything to say on whether they think it would be too hard a job to mount something like the TRX Swinger!?! Then you would also be able to run one of the TRX's Axle's etc!

What would be a good Wheel & Tyre Package for running on the previously mentioned ground? I'm not looking to spend stupid money here & I will probably end up having to buy most Parts from the US & then have them Shipped over to the UK so things start getting pricey! Again, I have read that Wheels from other Quads fit if you have changed to 5 Stud Hub's etc. So if I had done that, what would be a good Off-set Wheel to run? I think I will probably want to go with about a 20" Tyre.

If there were say something like a 600cc Motor sat where the 230/ 50(/160 lol) one used to be, what would be a good Front & Rear Sprocket set-up?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.