Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twin_Stacks
hey fellow QS lovers. i hate to interrupt your carb discussion, but ive seen some of your bikes. trailrider230s and malhombre to name a few. yall have awesome bumpers. im about to start the restomod of my 230QS and id like to get a new bumper for it among a very long list of other extras including bars, grips, possibly plastics. ive looked on RM ATV.com and DK.com and i found some plastics and others but no bumpers. where did you get yours?
another question: ive had to put new swing arm bearings on and a new left case. i see thats a common issue. ive got a new oring chain and adjusted it properly and havent had a chain jump in years. my question is, is there a preventive mod for the swing arm other than proper maintenance? i noticed a chain tensioner on one. any other ideas? thanks
well me and malhombre got ours from PRM ATV. here is the link:
http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=71&mfr=5

this is a direct link to the 230QS section.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a ton, bookmarked that page.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tmcauto77
Ok, I hate to see a good brother down. Yes you will have to loosen the bleeder screws over and over again on each side. If you are alone the only way to bleed properly is to use a vacuum bleeder. Otherwise you will get air back in the lines and brakes will be spongy. Nobody likes soft brakes. You can buy a vacuum bleeder or make one if you have a vacuum pump of any sort or reverse a squirt bottle. It is the best way to get it done and you do not have to share your beer.
no not the bleeder screws. lol. the master cylinder screws. could i just clamp that down with a C-clamp or something like that. the reason for that is my original stock front master cylinder screws were almost stripped out. now i have a new aftermarket one and i cant afford to strip them out.

and i will be ordering real soon racing brake lines, lifetime warranty guys, increases your braking pressure without having to press real hard. i got a guy who can make them, but price hasnt been figured out yet. the fronts connect to the master cylinder with a double banjo bolt, and the back can be made to what ever your swing arm length is. so if you have an extended swing arm he can custom make a rear brake line.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

no prob man. i got all my stuff there.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

if you want a good place to get plastics wheels and tires i can hook ya up. and its free 3 day delivery.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

ill keep you in mind then. they cut my hours at the job so im making barely more than i pay for diesel. but i am seriously considering some new plastics. itll just take some time to build up some bank lol

Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

ill keep you in mind then. they cut my hours at the job so im making barely more than i pay for diesel. but i am seriously considering some new plastics. itll just take some time to build up some bank lol
here is the link:
ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts & Motocross Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

i think i paid $888.00 for my plastics wheels and tires and some other stuff . the tires come already mounted, you just got to add a lil air to them because they are always under inflated, but check the pressure first. climate changes can mess with the pressure considering they are shipped UPS. if you want the same offset i got which helps with the handling of your QS. The front rims are a 10x6 .160 douglas wheel. i cant remember what the offset measurements are and the rears are a 9x9 offset .160 douglas wheel. i can personally vouch for these wheels, in all my jumps and roll over and crashes they have never bent.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i know what you mean by getting hours cut down. i am getting ready to take a 3 month unpaid vacation. i hate being a roofing contractor. end of the season sucks.

and if you want to check on what my current mods and near future mods are visit my garage in my profile. might give you some ideas. oh and i do have one of those chain tensioners, i just havent installed it yet. they really do help save the mag cover.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kookizuki
so i sold my 86 230s. i had redone the top end myself and while it was better it still didnt run quite right and still smoked some. last straw was when the clutch pivot(? part that sticks out of the case that the cable attaches to) popped out of the hole at idle. no idea why. someone offered me #325 for it so i sold it. picked up a 89 230e today for $250. bored out, k&n filter. new rear tires, rear shock has a remote resevoir so im pretty sure its not stock? needs a full exhaust, front brake lever, and a battery, along with a carb cleaning and a few adjustments. electric start button dosnt work, think the neutral relay is messed up, probably just bypass it for now. had it running on starter fluid a bit but it wont stay running(i blame the lack of exhaust and a dirty carb) but overall this seems like a way better base for a project, the 230s was beat, hacked up welds, bad plastics...
yes the rezzie shock on an E model is stock. ebay has an aftermarket replacement front brake cylinder for like $49.00. it works better than stock and is cheaper to replace than OEM. and you'll find that the E model wont be as snappy as the S model. i waste my buddys' E model on a daily basis and its a 92. you'll miss having a clutch.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default atvman29

Does anyone know when atvman29 is online , i need to contact him because i would like to post some pics of my lt230s on the lt230s vault. please resond

restorationkid7800

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.