Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

So it is stock beating a piped 450r out of the gates, wow, impressive.
yeah it would be if the R in the test was the 06R. get an 06 R with the HRC kit and then say it beat it...

but i do like the new quadracer... im just wondering, why, if the stock suspension is sooo good, and could be and was intended and hypned and marketed to "roll from the dealer floor to racetrack," then why did they change these components out and go with the FOX shocks? you either stand behind your product or not.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Well your kidding yourself if you think the top pro's are going to ride a stock bike against other modified 450's. I believe amatuer rider's could use a stock Suzuki bike but no way are the top pro's going too. They are in a whole nother league.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheCommonMan
Well your kidding yourself if you think the top pro's are going to ride a stock bike against other modified 450's. I believe amatuer rider's could use a stock Suzuki bike but no way are the top pro's going too. They are in a whole nother league.
Your wright. But is that A true test when you are thinking of buying one? Most working class rider's can't afford all those mod's, Their buying stock. So why do they test them with all the mod's? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

dude, i know they mod the hell of of their bikes and are far from stock form; my point is that everyone at suzuki was/is hyping this thing to be THE best....to literally roll from the showroom to the racetrack without a mod. thats what they are saying about it. so if everything is so good. lets see it go head to head in stock form and with comparable mods against the other 450's.

it seems to me when team suzuki signed the endorsement deal with Gust,jones and FOX shocks it kinda sends the message that says, "Hey, what we told you was a lie about our suspension, its crap- so buy Fox stuff." see my point? if they were going to switch shocks why didnt suzuki just originally contract fox, Elka, axis, or ohlins (like cannondale) to make the shocks for them and have them come as standard equipment on the bike?

if it came with an elka suspension as standard equipment, that would be great. i got a full set of new elkas from ebay that im gonna put on my old R (may put the rear elka shock on the 450R since its rear stock shock needs alittle help; fronts are fine for me). its gonna be sweet.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about all that. You can certainly ride a 450r or YFZ with the stock suspension in the lower classes of racing. Suzuki could have easily upped the ante on the stockers. Might be more like having some stiff Work's Steelers or something.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

I rode the new Suzuki 450 and it is a nice machine but I didn't feel that it was stronger than the YFZ or TRX.I t will probably out corner the other 450's but it's almost 50 in. wide.Overall it's a good quad but as far as it being better?...............I don't see it.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

I race in mississippi xtreme world arena cross series in the begginer quad class. I had a race last night and I run a 700r raptor because I do a lot more trail riding than racing. 1st place went to a stock z450r that was bought yesterday morning. 2nd went to a cannondal 440 that has a 450 stroker kit with a ton of other motor mods, plus 2 a-arms, +4 axle, full mx tires and wheels, and fully adjustable ohlins all the way around. I got third on my 700r and I have the front wheels flipped around and a durablue eleminator. I got a bad start and was definatly running them down and ended up about 2 feet out of second place. Needless to say I was very impressed with the Z450R in completly stock form. It is wide enough in stock form to keep it from getting tippy in the corners and it definatly has enough power to get down the straights. The thing I like most about it was if you are doing the type of racing that I just started doing it is the perfect quad. No need to go buy +2 a-arms or a +4 axle. It is about 1 in. narrower than mine and a lower center of gravity. You don't need to go buy 18in tires for the rear and 19 or 20in for the front to lower it and make it handle better because it comes out of the box with them. It also looks great to. My only problem is that it wont make a very good trail machine because of the things i listed that make it great for mx and ax. I guess what I am saying is while i like the quad a lot for mx and ax, it wont be very good for trail riding mainly because of ground clearance, lack of reverse, and it may be to wide to fit between some trees on the trail. I think it would have been awsome if they would have equipped it with an eliminator style axle. Widen it out for the track, narrow it up for the trail. I know i own a yamaha but I am not some kind of die hard yamaha fan. If all i did was race i would definatly buy a Z450R because it would take less cash to modify it for track needs. It would be a lot easier to buy just shocks instead of +2 a-arms, tie rods, brake lines and shocks. But to get back to the question at hand I think that the only place the other 450's will outshine the Z450R is that they are aimed at a larger market being trail riders and racers where from what I have read suzuki is aiming their 450 at racers.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HMFIC
I race in mississippi xtreme world arena cross series in the begginer quad class. I had a race last night and I run a 700r raptor because I do a lot more trail riding than racing. 1st place went to a stock z450r that was bought yesterday morning. 2nd went to a cannondal 440 that has a 450 stroker kit with a ton of other motor mods, plus 2 a-arms, +4 axle, full mx tires and wheels, and fully adjustable ohlins all the way around. I got third on my 700r and I have the front wheels flipped around and a durablue eleminator. I got a bad start and was definatly running them down and ended up about 2 feet out of second place. Needless to say I was very impressed with the Z450R in completly stock form. It is wide enough in stock form to keep it from getting tippy in the corners and it definatly has enough power to get down the straights. The thing I like most about it was if you are doing the type of racing that I just started doing it is the perfect quad. No need to go buy +2 a-arms or a +4 axle. It is about 1 in. narrower than mine and a lower center of gravity. You don't need to go buy 18in tires for the rear and 19 or 20in for the front to lower it and make it handle better because it comes out of the box with them. It also looks great to. My only problem is that it wont make a very good trail machine because of the things i listed that make it great for mx and ax. I guess what I am saying is while i like the quad a lot for mx and ax, it wont be very good for trail riding mainly because of ground clearance, lack of reverse, and it may be to wide to fit between some trees on the trail. I think it would have been awsome if they would have equipped it with an eliminator style axle. Widen it out for the track, narrow it up for the trail. I know i own a yamaha but I am not some kind of die hard yamaha fan. If all i did was race i would definatly buy a Z450R because it would take less cash to modify it for track needs. It would be a lot easier to buy just shocks instead of +2 a-arms, tie rods, brake lines and shocks. But to get back to the question at hand I think that the only place the other 450's will outshine the Z450R is that they are aimed at a larger market being trail riders and racers where from what I have read suzuki is aiming their 450 at racers.
FYI- its real name is the lt-R450. There is no Z450 or Z450R but we all know what your talking about.

Also, I was curious about how wide your raptor is. You said its wider than the R450? The R450 is 50" wide stock. I dont know how or why you would have your raptor wider. Just curious.

Does Doug or Jones have a contract with Fox or something? Maybe they have to use their shocks. I thought Doug was with elka though. I think what it is is that the stock shocks are GOOD ENOUGH to be raced but aftermerket shocks have a lot more to offer and are probably better.

I agree that for the test they should have used a stock one. Why use a modded one? Just doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like the results from the 1st GNC motocross race didn't produce results any better than last years Z400.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

apparently, elka no more for gust. the link below will take you to fox racing website with a press release from Team Yoshimira/Suzuki and they quote Wayne Hinson, Jones, and Gust about the switch. Gust says "Best shocks Ive ridden.." Jones says, "Best mechanically developled racing shocks ever made."

The're good riders do doubt about it, but they said the new bike was no holds barred, BEST ever. Nothing compares....now they say the Fox shocks are better. Write them a check and they say anything, huh? Cant really blame them i guess, but it makes me wonder...

heres the link. when it loads, just click riders...more navigation crap loads then the pic of the bike appears and then wait a second or two and then the flash of the press release stays on the screen..

fox announcement