Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lag in vinson since epi clutch install

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lag in vinson since epi clutch install

Installed a epi clutch kit and the bike doesn't seem to have the power it used to. Theres a noticeable lag in take off and also while rolling if you punch it it seems like a turd. It pulled hard before. I have 26 itp 589's and everything else stock. went with the kit that had oversize tires and stock exhaust. Everything is installed correctly. It revs up a little higher before it takes off which is what the kit is supposed to do. Belt looked in good shape, which I only have about 200 miles on the bike. The other day went riding on the river and in the sand I had to use low because in high it bogged too much. I'm thinking of putting the stock settup back on the bike. Any suggestions.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pulled the cover back off and found the belt had a lot of slack in it. Cranked it and reved it up and the front pulley moved in like it is supposed to, to tighten the belt as the engine revs. But when let off throttle the pulley moves all the way back out leaving the belt with about2 to 2 and a half inches of play. when you barely give it gas the pulleys slip because the belt is not tight enough until it is reved way up. So on take off the belt is slipping until the rpms get up enough to pull the pulley in an tighten the belt. The belt has no signs of wear. Would the epi roller weights have anything to do with this. I think I may put the stock inserts in and see what happens.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

I have 26 tires and factory clutching. It has a stall and/or a delay for take off. Only does it with the big heavy tires.